Wommack's schemes

Maybe you should consider growing a pair?
WTF?
Just because he isn't a disney Jacket like the rest of you robots, you question his gonads? The whole freaking staff plus our athletic director have me nervous. We don't have one shred of real evidence that this group has a clue as to how to coach at the major college level. I admire your confidence BigOrangeJacket, but until we see what Coach Johnson and Radakovich have brung to table, I think unbridled optimism is uncalled for---and a certain level of apprehension and skeptism certainly doesn't mean you don't have your onions.

That's funny. I'm not saying you need to be optimistic. I'm just saying anyone that gets nervous over a football staff is severely lacking in nuttage.

Wommack stated that his defense will be "multiple".

Quit freaking out you pansies......and YES, the earlier poster needs to grow a pair.

That's funny. I'm not saying you need to be optimistic. I'm just saying anyone that gets nervous over a football staff is severely lacking in nuttage.

HA.

BO needs to re-open soon. At least that Wrecksneffect or whatever his name is hasn't showed up yet. All he ever did was complain about CPJ or recruiting, or how we are going to lose next year, even though he has about as much evidence as anyone saying we'll win an MNC.

So much for just enjoying college football...

I guess I fail to see what growing a pair of b*lls would have to do with anything. First of all, I am well suited in that department and secondly if I or anyone else needed those in order to feel good about our coaching changes what would that say about those coahces and our team's chances next season? So, you see the argument is not a very good one. Perhaps it would be worthwhile for you and he to develop a better vocabulary in order to intelligently discuss such topics.
Well how's this. Your fist post is about being nervous about both our new HC and our new DC. You evidently have missed the many posts since both were named that have gone over past history, tendancies, etc. So why would you not expect a reaction when you come into a conversation at the tail end? If you're really interested, simply check old threads on the subject. But don't expect people to be al that patient about rehashing old news over and over.

Three Things Amuse Me

Three things amuse me:

1. Someone who was worried that Robertson and Oliver might not get it done is accusing anyone else of needing a pair.

2. Fonts that made a living being nervous and negative about the last coach, regardless of what he did, are dumping on the first font that shows the anxiety about the current coach, who despite his sycophants here has yet to win a game for us.

3. People who think Lanier will be in high school for the 2009 season, and make a point of correcting an intelligent post discussing 2009. Perhaps Lanier will be in high school an extra year, but he would be unlikely to hack it at GT if that is the case.

Those things amuse me. I have to laugh at the rampant hypocrisy, because otherwise I might cry.

To the poster worried about Johnson and Wommack, don't. They are quality coaches. They both have good ideas of what they want and how to get there. They are sound quality coaches who understand the game. One has 25 years of experience running an offensive system that has yet to let him down. The other has experience coaching up players and using schemes to defeat teams with superior offensive talent.

Go talk with them, and if you still have doubts, circle back to us. I don't think you will. Until you do some research first-hand (and I don't mean reading some numbers on a page), there is no purpose to your post.

So all the bitching and moaning aside,

What kind of schemes are we likely to see out of Womack? What was USM's defense like back in 1999?

So all the bitching and moaning aside,

What kind of schemes are we likely to see out of Womack? What was USM's defense like back in 1999?

The theory was "controlled chaos", now called "controlled confusion." Mix in 4-3 and 3-4, man and zone, etc. etc. Lots of blitzing as well.

It was based on sound fundamentals, being where you were supposed to be, and hitting hard. Disguised coverages. Etc.

It worked very well at Southern Miss. It is neither simpler nor more complex than what we've been doing here, just a bit different. From Wednesday, it seems the coaches are happier, as linemen act more like linemen, linebackers more like linebackers, and db's more like db's, and that is easier for them to coach.

A year early to consider JC . . . I'm sure ECI intends to use him during his senior year. :D

I was talking about 2009. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

For 2008 a 4-3 is a no-brainer. Not only are we loaded at DT with three quality experienced seniors, but we also have a stud senior DE pass-rusher. :biggthumpup:

Oh yeah, and we also lack proven LB's.

Re: Three Things Amuse Me

Three things amuse me:

1. Someone who was worried that Robertson and Oliver might not get it done is accusing anyone else of needing a pair.

2. Fonts that made a living being nervous and negative about the last coach, regardless of what he did, are dumping on the first font that shows the anxiety about the current coach, who despite his sycophants here has yet to win a game for us.

3. People who think Lanier will be in high school for the 2009 season, and make a point of correcting an intelligent post discussing 2009. Perhaps Lanier will be in high school an extra year, but he would be unlikely to hack it at GT if that is the case.

Those things amuse me. I have to laugh at the rampant hypocrisy, because otherwise I might cry.

To the poster worried about Johnson and Wommack, don't. They are quality coaches. They both have good ideas of what they want and how to get there. They are sound quality coaches who understand the game. One has 25 years of experience running an offensive system that has yet to let him down. The other has experience coaching up players and using schemes to defeat teams with superior offensive talent.

Go talk with them, and if you still have doubts, circle back to us. I don't think you will. Until you do some research first-hand (and I don't mean reading some numbers on a page), there is no purpose to your post.
Wait is this douchebag really calling me out? On the list of posters sans-testicles you would be numero uno.

I Love Georgia Tech

Wait is this douchebag really calling me out? On the list of posters sans-testicles you would be numero uno.

I love Georgia Tech.

Too bad its fans do not live up to the school and program.

If you have such a hard time debating anything without going into hard-core name-calling, mebbe a long look in the mirror could help you.

Trying to say that being nervous about going into the game with dumbass as HC still is the same as being nervous about the new coaching staff is just plain stupid.

We all knew Chan and crew could throw any game, any time, and there were very few times we just came out and won it by heart. While I know people can argue whether or not he was the right hire at the time, no one can say that CPJ's track record is any kind of lacking.

In other words - recruiting didn't fall through, we have a whole new staff with good credentials and a hell of a lot more badassness than the previous, no more urine colored jerseys, and we are going to have a full preview of the new system in about 2 months. So please, I know it may have been hard in the past, but please just try to have a little fun supporting Tech football?

I think any Tech fan who's not nervous about the outcome of any game clearly hasn't been watching Tech sports long enough.

Re: I Love Georgia Tech

I love Georgia Tech.

Too bad its fans do not live up to the school and program.

If you have such a hard time debating anything without going into hard-core name-calling, mebbe a long look in the mirror could help you.
There's no debate. Your posting career speaks for yourself. You're a good little Hiver.

Back