Worst/Best Next Year

CarolinaJacket

Varsity Lurker
Worst:
The QB's share time and never get into a groove.
Ted Roof's Defense gets demolished by EVERY team.
The team struggles to move the ball and when they do get inside the 5 yard line, they settle for 3.
Injuries force inexperienced players to come in the game, and make mistakes.

Record:
5-8

End Result:
CPJ fired

Best:
Vad/Justin win the position battle outright and prove why in the regular season.
The team wins a few games it shouldn't.
The team starts the season hot.
The turnover differential is positive.
Vad/Justin becomes an efficient, but rarely used passer.
Somebody fills Orwin's shoes.

Record:
10-2

Result:
ACC Championship

Most Likely:
8-9 Wins

Do these seam accurate? Saw something like this for ESPN with the MLB and thought I'd give it a shot.

I think we lose to BYU, Clemson and UGA. I'm going to make a bold prediction and say we get over our Miami mini-curse this year. So I think 9-3 and we get into the ACC Champ. I will reserve the right to flip-flop my Miami and Clemson picks though.

I think we lose to BYU, Clemson and UGA. I'm going to make a bold prediction and say we get over our Miami mini-curse this year. So I think 9-3 and we get into the ACC Champ. I will reserve the right to flip-flop my Miami and Clemson picks though.

I think we get over the Miami hump and the VPI hump this season.

It seems like "8-9 wins" is the estimate every preseason.

Worst: mutts hang 100 on us

Worst; we lose to VT UGA and MIami.
Result:pissed off fan base, Barrel of Rum has an aneurism. Message board descends into complete sheet storm about how we suck at recruiting and have no one drafted. Westly continues to bitch about Johnson. etc continues to use way too many gifs. While Czar admires himself in the mirror some more.

Best: beat the Mutts, vt, Clemson, and Obama resigns presidency. Tech Looses about 2 games randomly. The Message board rejoices, Vad lee is drafted in first round. Recruiting continues to suck, Czar still looks in the mirror too much. Marty alcala is an all American

Last edited:
Worst; we loose to VT UGA and MIami.
Result:pissed off fan base, Barrel of Rum has an aneurism. Message board descends into complete sheet storm about how we suck at recruiting and have no one drafted. Westly continues to bitch about Johnson. etc continues to use way too many gifs. While Czar admires himself in the mirror some more.

Best: beat the Mutts, vt, Clemson, and Obama resigns presidency. Tech Looses about 2 games randomly. The Message board rejoices, Vad lee is drafted in first round. Recruiting continues to suck, Czar still looks in the mirror too much. Marty alcala is an all American

Best: you learn that "lose" is not spelled "loose"

I find it [hard] to believe we will lose to BYU again.
I don't think so either. CPJ has a lot of experience in Provo from his Hawai'i days and will have the boys ready to atone for last year's debacle.

I like waiting for reports on opponents to speculate on an upcoming season, but I will do it regardless. I will probably revise it later after reports on our opponents are available (personnel lost, starters, injured, etc.)

Wins: Elon, Duke, Alabama A&M
Probable Wins: North Carolina, Syracuse, Virginia, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech
50-50: BYU, Miami (FL)
Probable Loss: Clemson, Georgia

So worst case, it looks like about 5-7, but we should get 7 wins if none of the worst case scenarios happen. Most likely: 8-9 wins. Best case 10+ wins, sky is the limit...

Worst:
■ Roof does not bring results.
■ Vad wins the job but fumbles away victories; JT comes off bench; does same.
■ OL cannot pass protect; WR cannot block downfield
■ Mathematically eliminated from ACCCG by mid Oct.

Best
■ Vad is Vad; JT is JT
■ Two deep OL kicks ass
■ Long-awaited aerial chapters of playbook opened up
■ Defense in top 20 in scoring defense
■ Offense and Defense play best game in 5 years - beat UGa 37 to 13.

10-2 with possible losses to BYU and Pitt:

BYU comes after a tough road win vs Miami and Pitt plays Navy right before us.

IMO, we will shock UGAG in a very close game.

Vad and a better D will make a huge difference.

GT1992 will take me to task, but I just can't imagine 2013 being anywhere as bad as 2012 was.

2012 Defense was as complete a train wreck as could happen.

I just don't see 2013 as anything close to 2012's mess.

Back