Worst Tech-UGA ever?

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
I can't think of a worst one. I guess you FOCers have plenty of excuses, though. My dislike of Gailey has just reached maximum overload! He will take Tech back to the days of Lewis and Curry next year. Poor recruiting will doom our program and we will maybe win 2 or 3 games next year.
Tech coaches should be ashamed. Tech never was in this game, even after 2 weeks to prepare.
You FOCers need to rethink your positions on Gailey. The sooner he is gone, the better.
BOO

Well, three games in my lifetime come to mind, 1968 (47-8), 1981 (44-7) and 1975 (42-26). In that 1975 Thanksgiving Night turkey, we fell behind 42-0 and it was very similar to this one.

I honestly have to admit that I was not completely surprised. I had hoped that we could stay with them with our defense, but the silly mistakes by special teams made it impossible. It's amazing that it was not 63-7.

Where do we go from here?

According to the ABC staff, it was the highest score against Tech ever posted by a UGA team.

This is quite a high-water mark for Chan Gailey's first year.

I thought we would lose because of our QB play, but I could NEVER imagine today's outcome! We sucked from the very first play. We were never in it. We looked like a high school team today. Anyone who watched that game as a casual observer of college football now has a very low opinion of the quality of our program. The game today hurt recruiting, both instate and out.
BOO

Back