Would The Same Defense We Used Against Clemson Work Against UNC?

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
Was the defense we used against Clemson designed to make them run, prevent big plays, or both?

Either way, it worked. It looked like our defense just took control of the game.

So, would the same thing work against UNC?

Why it wouldn't be good to use this defense to limit big plays and minimize possessions against all teams?

We will probably try to slow the game down again. It would not be a good idea to get into a shootout against Sam Howell. The less time we have our defense on the field, the better. But that might be more about our offense being in huddles, running the ball, and throwing shorter passes. Apparently the defense used a variety of looks to keep Clemson off balance, so I’d expect to see more of that. The UNC passing game will be a different challenge since they will probably execute that aspect better than Clemson did.

No.

We had something like 9 guys within 10 yds of the line of scrimmage (not talking inside the box here), and they didn't have the ability to go over the top. I would be surprised if we came out the same way against Sam Howell. If we do, he will try to make us pay.

Was the defense we used against Clemson designed to make them run, prevent big plays, or both?

Either way, it worked. It looked like our defense just took control of the game.

So, would the same thing work against UNC?

Why it wouldn't be good to use this defense to limit big plays and minimize possessions against all teams?
My guess is no

I think Howell is a lot more accurate than DJU for Clemson, different Offense

Our Defense has it's work cut out fot it this weekend

Worried he will pick last weeks defense (3-3-5) apart given it makes pass rushing difficult. Nevertheless, the defense used last week fits our personnel better- we have more quick linebackers than we have good down linemen so from that standpoint stick with it. I think we come out in the 3-3-5 and see what happens but if not working go to 4 down linemen.

Worried he will pick last weeks defense (3-3-5) apart given it makes pass rushing difficult. Nevertheless, the defense used last week fits our personnel better- we have more quick linebackers than we have good down linemen so from that standpoint stick with it. I think we come out in the 3-3-5 and see what happens but if not working go to 4 down linemen.
Why not run the 3-3-5 and just blitz one of the LB's based on the offensive alignment.

Why not run the 3-3-5 and just blitz one of the LB's based on the offensive alignment.

1632360297470.gif

Gotta keep Howell in the pocket and trust the DL to get push. They’re deadly when he escapes the pocket and gets creative. And he’s just mobile enough to move the chains when he breaks contain.

Hell no. We knew Clemson couldn't pass and made them pay. We try that against Howell and Downs and UNC will break 100.

The only way to beat them is to bring pressure. VT sacked him 5 or 6 times and picked off a few passes. Nothing less will do. They carved up Virginia like a stick of warm butter. Our entire defense best bring their A-Game.

Only if Howell is as crappy as Uglylalee. That guy looks like a total bust.

Part of what made the defense work against Clemson was it was completely different than they expected. We had the element of surprise. That surprise is gone if we try to use the same D again.

Is Keion White gonna finally play or is this injury just gonna be it for him? We were expecting big plays from him.

Back