would you consider

To do what exactly??? Be the Head Coach??
laugh.gif

Ted is a good man, a true Tech man. Who knows, one day he may very well be back on the sidelines of BDS. We could, and have, done worst.
BOO

Toemeetsleather, we already have Spencer on the payroll, how could we hire him?

We already have a defensive coordinator, how could we hire Roof? That means we would have to fire Tenuta, unless he leaves for a pro job.

confused.gif

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
T
We could, and have, done worst.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Are you saying "worse' or "wurst," as in sausage?

This is probably the 20th time ive said this, so sorry for the repetition. I would like to see Spencer promoted to D coordinator and Tenuta to head coach.

spencer took west ga from unranked to top 10 each year he was there.

according to a friend that coached with him, he is the "deal closer" when it comes to recruiting too. he must have been good to get guys to come play at a high school stadium(west ga doesnt have their own.)

I don't know whether the fans would be content with Spurrier or not, but I am willing to try it, if this venture does not turn out positive.

wink.gif

GTFish, I have a lot of confidence in both Spencer and Nix. I don't have that same confidence in Tenuta as a head coach.

I really don't think the committee would give him the job, if it ever became available.

It is possible both Nix and Spencer could be considered, but my gut feeling tells me the committee would go for an established head coach from another school.

If Gailey did not succeed and a change was made, I think the committee would be hesitant in taking a DC with no head coaching experience.

If you remember, the committee refused to consider any members from Tech's last staff. Both O'Brien and Roof were never even interviewed for the job.

The search for a new head coach would be even more critical the next time around.

wink.gif

Good points ahso. And yes I think GT will have to go with an established head coach like you said in order to keep fans from going nuts. But sometimes I dont even think the hiring of Steve Spurrier would please our fans. And yes, Spencer and Nix are both closers in the recruiting game. Both very personnable and make kids feel comfortable. They can both sell a program.

Back