• GT goes 7-5 / bowl game and Collins stays

Votes: 145 91.2%
  • GT goes 3-9 and Collins is fired

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
It's the record I'm worried about, not going to some bowl no one cares about.

7-5 should buy him another season to see if he can keep the same trajectory. No contract extension, please God!
I’d like to add a disclaimer to the record you mention. Those 7 wins need to include wins against every team on the schedule that they are supposed to beat. NO FCS losses.

GT76

Damn Good Rat
I don’t like either; like choosing between a turd and a öööö sandwich. But I never want us to lose, so let’s win some ball games.

18in32

Petard Hoister
Vote in the poll.
I'm happy for Collins to stay... but we've got to have serious improvements in both the statistical categories and the little things where we've looked so bad for three years, regardless of record. What matters is that we're improving, and will continue to do so year-to-year. If we are just as bad next year but end up winning games on a buncha dumb turnovers and mistakes from other teams, I would not be satisfied.

AlabamaBuzz

Dodd-Like
Well, just like in the poll where 3 votes said CGC was one of our best coaches in history, I cannot understand anyone choosing the 3-9 option.

I think CGC has proven he is not HC material, but I will always root for GT to do well and win every game possible.

Disclaimer: If CGC only wins 5 or less next year, and we look lost on D or O, I would want him gone

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
I'd rather him go 3-9 so we can get a new coach. This team has talent, I bet a new coach could even go 7-5 with it!

Wait no

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
No one who understands anything about GT football would choose the 3-9 option

Just because we fire Collins does not significantly improve our chances of hiring a coach that will win 8, 9 and 10+ games a season. The odds of that are slim.

you need only look at Tennessee, Florida State, Miami, Texas and The University of Florida as examples—- and every one of those schools are infinitely easier to win football games at than Georgia Tech.

literally, the only thing Georgia Tech has going for it, is that we play in the weakest power five football conference in all of college football.

make no mistake. Georgia Tech wants Collins to succeed. He’s going to need to hire a lot of help because he doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing. But that doesn’t mean he cannot succeed.

THWUGA

Dodd-Like except wouldn't have left the SEC
This isn’t the NFL where a worse record helps you rebuild in some ways. Anyone preferring 3 wins can turn in their fanship

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Heatened to see the vote counts. I'm never going to hope Tech loses anything for any reason. Good to have company.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
7 wins is probably c****** ceiling. It's a matter of whether you're willing to roll the dice risking 3 more 3 win seasons because you extended the worst coach in gt history after 1 season that hit the average he should be meeting.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
If we go 5-7 and look like we’re improving, well that will be the hard decision point now that we’ve mismanaged this situation so poorly. 7-5 and we beat up Dook, etc and still look like a bag of hammered dog öööö, sayonara baby.