Wow! UNC wasted no time publicly attacking Va Tech........

calderman420

Varsity Lurker
Didn't a UNC football player get busted for DUI earlier this year? And what about Julius Peppers and the assult charge?

Originally posted by 2 Big Techsticles:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> Also upset were several members of the North Carolina faculty, according to UNC faculty council executive committee chair Sue Estroff.

"Our faculty are very concerned about the reputation of Virginia Tech's players and Virginia Tech's team," said Estroff, referring to past off-the-field problems for Virginia Tech's football team, which in 1995 and 1996 included 18 players arrested on charges ranging from rape and involuntary manslaughter to drunken driving. "We are not accustomed to that kind of behavior. You have to remember, [North Carolina Chancellor James] Moeser tried to hire their coach and one of the arguments against him was the record of his players. . . .

"Part of our concern all along has been the way that sports and athletes fit into the university. There is very little tolerance on our campus for misdeeds and misbehavior by athletes. I'm not saying we're any better, but I do know what happens around here when somebody gets into trouble."

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Here's the URL with Va. Tech's response as well:

Hokies to Approve Move (Washington Post)
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What an absolute joke - it's those a-holes in the fairy blue uniforms that made this possible.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.

Did they forget that FSU has been in the conference for 10 years now?

First off, whoever wrote the article shouldn't expect much getting a quote from "faculty". That bunch at UNC and Duke, especially Sue whatshername, is frustrated as hell. She wants to be in France, attending a poetry reading which is anti-men, anti-American, but she's stuck being a wannabe so she can practice her free speech over here.

Pity she won't be around when Va Tech beats the hell out of them on the field.

You're right, Contact. NCar's own refusal to admit Mia, BC & Syr is what lead to VT being in the same league with them. NCar only has themselves to blame for now having to schedule VT.
The deal would be complete & VT would be suing the ACC from the BEast side if NCar had not sided with Duke.
Personally, I'll enjoy playing VT, home & home, in football, basketball & baseball. More league home games in basketball means less Elons on the sched.

To hell with the Tarholes. VT is gonna tear them a new one the first time they play, just wait and see.

Those jacklegs can stick it where the sun don't shine. Here's hoping the Hokies hand'em their heads. Never have liked that babyblue crowd ever since we tried to tailgate up in Chapel Hill several years ago. We were running late and didn't get to campus 'til some 5 hours from kickoff. What few people were there just stared at us and were rude as heck. I know Rand McNally says they're below the Mason-Dixon line,....but they ain't like back where I come from.

GATA JACKETS!!!!

Driver, I share your sentiments. A little oasis of communism in the triangle up there. I'm busting out my Confederate flag for road trips for now on.

Also upset were several members of the North Carolina faculty, according to UNC faculty council executive committee chair Sue Estroff.

"Our faculty are very concerned about the reputation of Virginia Tech's players and Virginia Tech's team," said Estroff, referring to past off-the-field problems for Virginia Tech's football team, which in 1995 and 1996 included 18 players arrested on charges ranging from rape and involuntary manslaughter to drunken driving. "We are not accustomed to that kind of behavior. You have to remember, [North Carolina Chancellor James] Moeser tried to hire their coach and one of the arguments against him was the record of his players. . . .

"Part of our concern all along has been the way that sports and athletes fit into the university. There is very little tolerance on our campus for misdeeds and misbehavior by athletes. I'm not saying we're any better, but I do know what happens around here when somebody gets into trouble."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Here's the URL with Va. Tech's response as well:

Hokies to Approve Move (Washington Post)

"Our faculty are very concerned about the reputation of Virginia Tech's players and Virginia Tech's team."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ROFL!!!! Hey Carolina, I have three words for you - Free $hoes University.

You've got a QB already in the conference accused of throwing games; you've got countless others on the same team charged with felonies and misdemeanors out the wazoo; you've got a bookie in that locker room working as team manager, and they want to point fingers at VT for something that happened 8 years ago?!? HA! That's rich!

IMO, I'd gladly take Miami, Va Tech, and any two other schools, and force F$U to withdraw from the ACC. They are a disgrace and have been ever since they joined.

Dislaimer: Can't ya tell I just love the Noles.
laugh.gif

Back