Wreck pass tickets

TechAKnee

Flats Noob
Anybody have any experience with these? I couldn’t pass up $4.04 tickets for the South Florida game. However, seats do not get assigned until the 6th. I’m curious as to where others have been seated in past games.

Positive: Paid $12.12 total for 3 tickets and got assigned upper north end zone tickets Friday. That evening it allowed me to upgrade to lower west (section 111) for $5 per ticket. Simple, intuitive, and a really good price.

Negative: I couldn’t get in the stadium. The site doesn’t provide barcode tickets. As a result, amateur hour with the security staff went about as expected. After refusing to allow my family to enter and pretty much refusing to read my phone I asked for a supervisor. Of course the supervisor didn’t have a clue as well. Luckily a fellow Tech fan saw me complaining and gave me 2 tickets. That got my wife and I in and allowed me to tell my daughter to just follow. Once in the stadium, client services had a tent set up. Spoke to the GT reps there and they to didn’t know anything about Wreckpass either. Hopefully nobody else had the same experience.

Positive: Paid $12.12 total for 3 tickets and got assigned upper north end zone tickets Friday. That evening it allowed me to upgrade to lower west (section 111) for $5 per ticket. Simple, intuitive, and a really good price.

Negative: I couldn’t get in the stadium. The site doesn’t provide barcode tickets. As a result, amateur hour with the security staff went about as expected. After refusing to allow my family to enter and pretty much refusing to read my phone I asked for a supervisor. Of course the supervisor didn’t have a clue as well. Luckily a fellow Tech fan saw me complaining and gave me 2 tickets. That got my wife and I in and allowed me to tell my daughter to just follow. Once in the stadium, client services had a tent set up. Spoke to the GT reps there and they to didn’t know anything about Wreckpass either. Hopefully nobody else had the same experience.
ööööing ööööshow central. I hate how dumb GTAA is sometimes.

So we took the middle man out of ticket scams? Niceeeeee!

I stole this pic from FB, but can you imagine these folks showing up for the game and getting an old school style lower East support column view? Apparently, a camera was installed during the off-season. Safety first!

Stole the picture from one of the GT football groups on FB. Hope they are Stingtalkers. I commented they need to contact Mike Castle. Probably can't move the camera, but could get them reseated

FB_IMG_1567937863668.jpg

This sounds like the $4.04 tickets, not the wreck pass. Did you not receive an email with mobile QR codes? They come in a pdf file or can be downloaded to Apple Wallet or Google Pay.

This sounds like the $4.04 tickets, not the wreck pass. Did you not receive an email with mobile QR codes? They come in a pdf file or can be downloaded to Apple Wallet or Google Pay.

It was the $4.04 wreckpass tickets. There were no tickets that got emailed. There was a button that stated “staff validate” and once you click that a pop up came up and said something like “this is a validate ticket to Bobby Dodd” or something to that effect. I should have screenshot it as it doesn’t not pull up since the game is over.

It was the $4.04 wreckpass tickets. There were no tickets that got emailed. There was a button that stated “staff validate” and once you click that a pop up came up and said something like “this is a validate ticket to Bobby Dodd” or something to that effect. I should have screenshot it as it doesn’t not pull up since the game is over.
Gotcha. Didn't realize the $4.04 tickets were distributed through the app instead of via email. Somewhere in the app there should have been a QR code to scan and the validate screen is for staff inside the stadium to verify you aren't showing them a screenshot. I think the basketball stingerpass had something similar but cannot recall exactly.

I always had the same issue with basketball. Not once could the staff actually get my ticket assignment. Just sat wherever I could find seats, having to do the shameful walking few times.

Mine worked perfectly. The gate guard scanned each one with his hand held device and let us in.

I received a text and clicked on the link. Then had to sign in with email address and PIN # to see the barcode. Then swipe left to access second ticket barcode.

My first time in the U North. I liked the view from up there. After 1st qtr went to the student section to sit with the princesses in the sorority section.

I always had the same issue with basketball. Not once could the staff actually get my ticket assignment. Just sat wherever I could find seats, having to do the shameful walking few times.
You get seat assignment when you “redeem” the pass within one mile of arena/stadium. Staff should not be giving you a seat assignment. We had issues with allowing permission for webpage to have our GPS location and had to reset the setting every game.

I stole this pic from FB, but can you imagine these folks showing up for the game and getting an old school style lower East support column view? Apparently, a camera was installed during the off-season. Safety first!

Stole the picture from one of the GT football groups on FB. Hope they are Stingtalkers. I commented they need to contact Mike Castle. Probably can't move the camera, but could get them reseated

View attachment 11594

Saw that too. I'd be pissed if that was my view. Boneheaded.

Mine worked perfectly. The gate guard scanned each one with his hand held device and let us in.

I received a text and clicked on the link. Then had to sign in with email address and PIN # to see the barcode. Then swipe left to access second ticket barcode.

My first time in the U North. I liked the view from up there. After 1st qtr went to the student section to sit with the princesses in the sorority section.

We used SMP's for the first time yesterday. Worked flawlessly. I wish the app would have provided notifications when tix were avail and when we were within 1 mile (day-trip for us yesterday), but no biggie. Didn't attempt an upgrade, but we ended up having decent seats.

That, and our experience with security both coming in and leaving the stadium, where definite positives for us yesterday. They need better scanning equipment, but all were very polite. Reminded me a bit of going into and out of the ANGC in April. Pretty high praise. Sorry to hear that others had problems.

Saw that too. I'd be pissed if that was my view. Boneheaded.
If I were Stansbury and Castle, I'd make sure to go out of my way to issue an apology and offer upgraded tickets to everyone owning seats behind that. Then, I'd cut power to it and get my Sawzall and go cut the ööööer down.

Back