XFL

I've been meaning to ask why they think this league will succeed when the last several attempts failed.

I've been meaning to ask why they think this league will succeed when the last several attempts failed.
Still long odds, but XFL is more closely tied to fantasy football enthusiasts and gambling. My understanding is the individual players' stats will be constantly updated on-screen. I think they have a partnership with Draft Kings. They have TV deals with Fox and ESPN.

I think this league will have more staying power for a number of reasons. First, better TV contracts with other companies that don't have NFL except for Fox. Second, the old XFL was primarily a built to be a live show event, not a TV-geared show. VMac wanted it to be more like wrasslin vs. a legit football league. Third, and it kind of ties with reason two, they made a lot of rules and new things to gear it towards TV entertainment. It will be entertaining, guarantee it.

Some of the new things not already listed by @Yukonwreck: every player has a radio in their head...where they can talk back to the coaches! TV producers will be able to tap into those feeds...live. Even further, I believe more than one coach will have the ability to talk to different positions or players.

Rule changes will make it more exciting.

Kickoff rule is very interesting. I believe Kickoffs will be from the 30. You can have 1 return man. Kicking team lines up at the opposing 35 yard line, receiving team blockers line up on the 30, 5 yards apart. Only the kicker and return man can move until the ball is caught. Once the ball is caught, then your 10 blockers/10 defenders can move.

I think this league will have more staying power for a number of reasons. First, better TV contracts with other companies that don't have NFL except for Fox. Second, the old XFL was primarily a built to be a live show event, not a TV-geared show. VMac wanted it to be more like wrasslin vs. a legit football league. Third, and it kind of ties with reason two, they made a lot of rules and new things to gear it towards TV entertainment. It will be entertaining, guarantee it.

Some of the new things not already listed by @Yukonwreck: every player has a radio in their head...where they can talk back to the coaches! TV producers will be able to tap into those feeds...live. Even further, I believe more than one coach will have the ability to talk to different positions or players.

Rule changes will make it more exciting.

TBH, maybe they should put this on cable. Hearing unedited feeds from players and coaches would be solid gold. Definitely would add to the entertainment value.

Vad Lee DC Defenders

edit: NM, he’s not showing on their roster anymore.

F

Justin Thomas is on the DC Defenders roster as a WR.

Edit: Looks like got cut as well.

Do y'all believe me about our talent level now?
2398137_0.jpg

Back