Yates gone

The Wasp

Varsity Lurker
Unless he goes to FCS I am not sure his career is going anywhere. If you get the chance to play for a three win Georgia Tech team, don't expect to do much better going to a Power 5 team other than to be a backup. His best bet might have been to see who the new OC is and wait until Collins is gone.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Unless he goes to FCS I am not sure his career is going anywhere. If you get the chance to play for a three win Georgia Tech team, don't expect to do much better going to a Power 5 team other than to be a backup. His best bet might have been to see who the new OC is and wait until Collins is gone.
He makes good decisions, generally, and is fairly accurate. He does not have eye popping arm strength. He is a decent, but not exceptional runner.

He couldn’t crack the starting lineup here, but perhaps with different coaching he could do better. He is probably better than the Syracuse QB.

But even being a solid backup, he could land at a lot of good academic schools and get a free masters plus expand his coaching contacts.

gtphd

Gets banned when uga has a recruiting violation
Or he graduates with a Tech degree, goes someplace like Northwestern as a backup, graduates in 2 years and goes to someplace like Duke and earns another MS. Then he starts his career with GT+Northwestern+Duke degrees earned completely free.