Yates: Ride or Die...for now

malak05

Varsity Lurker
He outplayed ukelele behind a terrible O-line. He just gets it, IMO. And he is accurate on the short stuff that moves the chains. Haven't had that in forever.
Honestly we still haven't run or pass blocked well or constiently. If he ever gets that he will pick apart defenses he's accurate, goes thru reads quickly and smartly and seems to always make the throw or run when it's needed. Yates is just a better QB at end of day.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Honestly we still haven't run or pass blocked well or constiently. If he ever gets that he will pick apart defenses he's accurate, goes thru reads quickly and smartly and seems to always make the throw or run when it's needed. Yates is just a better QB at end of day.
Yeah, that performance was really quite impressive when you consider how overmatched the OL was in this game.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
If Sims is well and does not start it would be because of how he played in the first game prior to the injury.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Yates is a game manager at QB. Need the big play ability of Simms imo
I’m surprised you say that. Yates keeps eyes downfield for opportunities to me whereas Sims tucks and runs. Couple good downfield passes by Yates today, one where he pulled up at the line of scrimmage to throw it. Sims would have been a runner at that point. Won’t know ultimately if Sims wins this game but I’ve got to think he is only going to do it with his feet. There were some close passes I trust Yates more on than Sims

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Yates doesn’t make mistakes and manages the game. That is the first step imo. If we are going to go the talent route, that is what we need. Take what is given, and take the shots on your terms when you have a matchup advantage.

Don’t risk big mistakes for big plays. Hold serve and slowly pull away.

yellowjacket15

Varsity Lurker
College game is too fast for Sims. He plays scared and with a bad OL he may never learn how to develop a pocket presence. Yates has a much better feel for pace of game and looked great given circumstances today. He made some great plays our last two drives in 4th quarter.