Yellow baseball uni....

LambdaChiGT

Dodd-Like
Not gonna lie, I usually don't like the non-traditional (white or gray) monochromic uniforms (like Vandy's brown or all black, UL's black on black or red pants, ND's navy on navy or green on green, etc), but these look pretty damn good.

These and Ole Miss' all baby blues are the only monochromic ones that I can think of that I really like. Can't wait to see them in person.

For reference:
ole_miss_powderbluecourtesy.jpg ND Green.jpg

Last edited:

The Jacket

The Coat
Not gonna lie, I usually don't like the non-traditional (white or gray) monochromic uniforms (like Vandy's brown or all black, UL's black on black or red pants, ND's navy on navy or green on green, etc), but these look pretty damn good.

These and Ole Miss' all baby blues are the only monochromic ones that I can think of that I really like. Can't wait to see them in person.

For reference:
ole_miss_powderbluecourtesy.jpg ND Green.jpg
I am with you there, I generally prefer baseball unis to stick with home whites and road greys, and most excursions through the rainbow tend to produce gaudy, hideous uniforms like the Vanderbilt and Notre Dame ones you posted. Those things are awful. But I'm a definite fan of these new gold ones. The Ole Miss baby blues also look pretty damn good.
I don't know that I'd seen these before now, but that one looks fantastic. I wonder how that off-white (or whatever it is called) would look in our football uniforms?

GT flunkout

your mom
Staff member
Not a fan of the gold and navy look. Needs a lot more white.

At least for baseball Navy seems to be our primary color though.

The Jacket

The Coat

I thought about this too, and I would think that in order to make the lettering/hat work in white, they'd have to use the navy for bordering/trim. They probably had a concept like that, and it looked like something off the wheel on The Price Is Right. Personally, I am in favor of TPIR lettering and numerals, they looked great on the 2000 football squad. But adidas seems to be favoring a more minimalist approach, which is admittedly better than some of the alternatives we might otherwise get.

With that said, if the french fry look makes its way to Grant Field, I'll have no choice but to kill myself immediately.

LambdaChiGT

Dodd-Like

White on this color gold just wouldn't work without a bold navy outline - which as TJ notes above goes against the look Adidas is trying to accomplish.

Here's what white on gold would look like on the football unis:
page_1.jpg
Would be impossible to read from any kind of distance.

Anybody recognize this guy?
key002.jpg

LambdaChiGT

Dodd-Like
Totally forgot, but FSU has actually been doing this look for a while now. Ramsey knows a little about gold on gold already. Wonder if he's the one who pitched it.

Oh well, I still like it as something new for us.

kobifaixhmwokzn.20140702004410.jpegFSV_BBvsVirginia_02_MEV_031410-L.jpg

LambdaChiGT

Dodd-Like
They need to drop the white outline on the "GT" on the hat. Makes it illegible.
I think an all navy hat (except the gold GT obviously) would look better too imo. There's already enough gold to drop the gold on the brim.