Ylojk8, BeeWare, AlaGold, AJ, Chan, BOB

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
AlaGold, I started a new thread to keep the present one on the QBs somewhat free of the BOB argument.

I know many will jump in and bash the analogy I am posing, but it has some merit.

BeeWare is stating without any fact that it was Chan calling the shots of the starting QB and Ylokk8 is stating it could have been BOB calling the shots for the starting QB.

Since BOB was the parent to the players and Chan was new on the block, it is natural their sympathies would lean more toward BOB than Gailey.

The analogy: Satan's job is to win the souls of man with evil. God wants to win the souls of man with his Goodness. Neither can force an individual to choose his ways, but both place their wares on the counter.

Both God and Satan started equally with man. Both were present in the Garden, both have been present when man's history started on the earth.

BOB had a head start on Gailey for the souls of the Tech players. Gailey may have had to tip-toe and try to win the support of the players against overwhelming odds of BOB being the present parent of the players.

Even though Gailey had the right to force BOB to play another QB, it might have damaged his own influence with the players even moreso. He may have decided to leave BOB in total charge of the QBs and the offense.

It is very possible, Gailey saw early in the marriage that he was not enthused with BOB's offense and handling of the QBs. Many fans, including myself, was sure BOB would not be back this year.

So, it is possible, BOB is not a good QB coach, and, possibly, not a good offensive coach. I have given Gailey the benefit of the doubt that he was trying to hold the morale of the team together and win their support.

If Gailey demoted BOB during the season or took away BOB's decision to play AJ instead of Bilbo, it may have further alienated some of the team members from Chan's influence.

It was obvious to me, there were morale problems late in the season.

Since all of us have opinions, and they are all equal, we will have to wait until this season has been played to see if the offense is worse, better, or stays the same. That should tell us a lot.

As far as BOB is concerned, the offensive results of this season will reflect somewhat on BOB's abilities. However, we will have to wait for BOB's future in coaching to unfold to have a good handle on his abilities as an offensive coach.

wink.gif

Ahso, I like your deductive reasoning. You could be right. As everyone knows I was not one of Chan's strongest advocates during the season but in light of the changes made on his staff I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until its proven otherwise. If Chan had stood pat on his staff I would have had a hard time reconciling all the things that I saw and heard last season.

Chan certainly has a tough row to hoe in his first five games of the season but if he can get through these games with a decent record I believe we will have a chance to be above average.
But, if we lose three or more of these games we will be in trouble. I agree with your statement that there was more than a few malcontents on the team. I created quite a rise when I posted that I had heard from a source that should know what he was talking about that BOB didn't leave voluntary, and I have heard this again since his leaving as well. I didn't say this to create a crisis of he said,they said,but it seems logical that neither BOB or Chan was pleased with last years arrangement. I can't see anything but good coming from BOB departure for no other reason than
to bring harmony to the staff. I think Chan might have learned a few things about discipline as it pertains to college kids vs mature pros. It seems that he tried to treat these kids like he had treated the Cowboys and etc and it didn't work. Chan himself has addressed this himself and if he is as smart as I think he is he won't repeat the same mistakes. Anyway we can afford to be optimistic now because we won't be losing any Football games for some time now.

Originally posted by Big Buck:
Anyway we can afford to be optimistic now because we won't be losing any Football games for some time now.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB,
Thanks for the chuckle. I guess you have a point.

Hear, here.....Let's hear it for the off-season!!
rolleyes.gif

I predicted that BOB would be gone after the season back at the BYU game. Tech won on sheer will power not on the plays called. We were just better than BYU and in that game more physical. One reason I think was the heat. I had noticed for several day in fact almost a week in Utah it had been very cool for that time of year. We may not have such an advantage this year. So we had better be physical and ready to go remember BYU has a team much older than Tech and the difference between a 19 and 24 year is a big in maturity.

De javu (sp) all over again with CCG. We all know that football games are won and lost on the cotton ball of Belly's mouse
128.gif

Back