You can take these predictions to Vegas...

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
Winning money is another thing.
ACC Predictions From The Great Beyond
SCHOOL...........OVERALL.....CONF.
FSU..............11 - 2......8 - 0. (BCS)
NCST.............12 - 1......7 - 1. (Gator)
Ga. Tech..........8 - 4......5 - 3. (Tangarine)
Maryland..........9 - 4......5 - 3. (Peach)
Clemson...........6 - 6......3 - 5. (Queen City)
Wake Forest.......6 - 6......3 - 5
Virginia..........5 - 8......3 - 5
UNC...............3 - 9......1 - 7
Duke..............1 - 11.....0 - 8
Other notes:
Ga. Tech beats Md. to take 3rd, and Clemson beats W.F. to take 5th.
FSU loses to Miami and U of F.
NCST wins 12 games in a row, but loses at home to FSU in final reg. game of season.
Ga. Tech starts the season 7 - 1.
Maryland loses to Notre Dame to begin the season.
Clemson, and it's fan base, goes bowling with an even record.
Heads roll at UNC (Tarheels will have a 0 - 9 run in the middle of their season), and possibly Clemson and Duke.
BOO

We could definately lose 3 acc games with the way we like to give at least one away a year (last year UVA, WF a couple years ago, etc.), though I hope we don't. But there is NO WAY NC State only loses one game. They have a lot of talk (mainly b/c of Rivers) but I'll believe it when I see it.

GO JACKETS!!!! (23 Days to TML)

I agree re: NCSU, but Holy Cow - look at their JOKE of a schedule...They have 6-7 guarenteed wins....This might be the easiest OOC schedule I've ever seen in the ACC

Holy Cow is right G.T. NCSt. Should easily win all of the OOC games. Which even if they were to beat FSU would kill them in the Nat Champ game.

pat.gif

NCSU has nothing on offense except Rivers. Their secondary and defensive lines are both concerns. Look for them to go 8-4 this year.

Tech has as good a chance to unseat FSU as any of the other "challengers." We will at least finish second IMO.

Ghost, you're certainly conservative except for NCSU. I agree with those above that they can't run the ACC but FSU. If we don't get them, Clemson will, and maybe both of us.

I agree with NC State. We seem to have their number except the overtime game at their place a couple years back.

I'm more concerned about Clemson early and Maryland. Would love to see us suprise FSU even if we had 2 or more losses in the ACC.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
Holy Cow is right G.T. NCSt. Should easily win all of the OOC games.

pat.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think the Pack will be something like a three point underdog at Texas Tech, and I don't like their chances out there -- ESPECIALLY if the folks around here are right about them being overrated.

That is a very tough non-conference opponent.

Texas Tech's a little under the radar this year because they play in the same league as so many other great teams. However they are a very solid team who could finish as high as third or even second in the Big XII South, which is the toughest half-conference in the nation this year. It's tougher than the SEC-E.

All that said, NCSU has had some very impressive wins the last few years over teams with overall better records and rankings. FSU twice, us, Syracuse twice, Texas. Ya never know. They just need to control the losses to equal or lesser teams.

Tech will clean NCST's clock like we do most years and the Tech NCST game is later in the season and by then tech will be rolling. No worries on that one.

Back