You could beat us running nothing but dives

With inside LBs weighing 220 lbs, it is hard to stop a team with big OL.

Winner! This is how Georgia beat us - hand the ball off and run off tackle - 20 yards, 25 yards, 18 yards, 27 yards, etc. Clemson did the same thing. Iowa had great success as well. You must stop the run to win. If you can run for big yardage against a defense, that team is in big trouble. We are going to have to fill the box and sell out to stop the handoff between the tackles. We will put our corners in one on one cover situations, but fine with me. I'd rather get beat becuase a team throws it down the field as opposed to getting beat by simple handoffs.

When was the last time our defense defended the dive well? late '90's, early 2000's?

We also defended nothing well in the late-90's. If you think this defense is bad...

Big, quality OL's are going to tear us up. CU had one. VPI has one. Miami has one. uGAg has one. Get ready.

Man, I really miss Tenuta's defenses.

I don't, unless he ran the D like he did when he first got to Tech. When CG was close to getting fired, Tenuta seemed to not give a **** and got really conservative with is playcalls and schemes. Our D wasn't terrible, but it wasn't as good as it was before.

I don't, unless he ran the D like he did when he first got to Tech. When CG was close to getting fired, Tenuta seemed to not give a **** and got really conservative with is playcalls and schemes. Our D wasn't terrible, but it wasn't as good as it was before.
1) Tenuta Conservative? You're nutty.
2) Tenuta's defenses either worked or they didn't. But that means they sometimes worked.

Back