you know i only see the negative...

S

Swilling

so i have a complaint about the UConn game...

i bought tickets from a scalper and wound up in the Visitors section /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/pat.gif

i was stoked to see the Jackets play and then spent the whole time surrounded by Husky fans. it was like going to a Cowboys Vs. Falcons game at the dome in the early 90's?!?!

As far as the Jackets go, kudos to Tyler for stepping in when needed and not making any mistakes, keeping his team in the game, and not cracking under pressure.

as stated on 790 after the game, this is 3 games that Tech has dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball... thats what championship teams are made of.

only thing i would like to see better next week is a little quicker start from the defense. they started out kinda flat and the VaTech Offense will exploit us if we do that next week. they stepped it up in the 2nd qtr and kept the momentum up the rest of the game. so good job from there on... just gotta play 4 qtrs.

Congrats to Chan for overcoming the loss of his starting QB and coaching through it against a tough team.

[ QUOTE ]
only thing i would like to see better next week is a little quicker start from the defense. they started out kinda flat and the VaTech Offense will exploit us if we do that next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm betting this is a direct result of the last minute announcement about RB. They had to be wondering what was going to happen on offense and not about their side of the ball. They saw what TB did early on and that got their heads straight.

If that were true, then that would make me worry a little bit more. That should bring the d's game up to the next level, knowing that they are going to have to control the game and possibly score. As for it being a last min. decision, the team knew as of that morning. Ball was up all night complaining so the d knew for a little while that they had TB starting. It just seems like it should have been opposite, the d coming out firing and the o starting off flat.

At the game and seeing 13 on the board early in 2ndQ it was easy to say the defense was not playing well. But, then I realized they gave up one long run in first series, a case of not wrapping up, that led to 3. Poor kick coverage gave field position to UConn and they made only one first down, a completion on third and long, to get the next 3. The touchdown was a gift after the bad snap and illegal kicking penalty. Really, they played pretty well from the get go.

The one thing I think needs to be said is that we must be more careful wrapping up when we tackle. Through three weeks we seem to have been amazingly in position play after play. The problems have come from missing a tackle. No missed tackles and we will be hard for anybody to score against. That is why I am hopeful we can win about 13-10 on Saturday. Good kicking game, no turnovers, and no missed tackles is how to pull it off.

Back