you people complaining are MISSING the boat...

law_bee

Dodd-Like
1. this NC team is not some scrub team. They had the second rated Offense in the acc and Durant is the real deal

2. There ARE SO MANY positives from this game
a. We are really good at second half adjustments. Our coaches are REALLY good game coaches
b. Suggs/Bilbo give us a legit offensive threat.
c. the 18 y/o's really stepped up today
d. the line is starting to gell
e. D was fantastic as usual (if Manget was not hurt we put this game away much earlier)
f. you can tell that CG has had a positive effect on the Offensive scheme

3. before this game WE ALL had reason to worry. Our offensive coaches had not performed well and we did not look like we were getting better

4. we can BUILD on this game. WE have wake coming in here, So that will be one more solid game to get the Offense in gear

THERE IS REASON TO BE HAPPY IN THE FLATS

Good to see you come around, lawbee.
wink.gif

Yep, there are certainly areas that we need to work on, but the team is making strides since the Clemson game. Wake is a solid team; Maryland is really, really struggling on offense and UVA is very up and down, which you would expect playing so many freshmen. Nonetheless, all three games are winnable. I think that the team will continue to improve throughout the season; we also have a very good chance to be 7-1 heading into November.

Solid win today; "gutty" effort by team, improved coaching on the sidelines for the offense. Yep, the 2 missed field goals made the game look a lot closer. Good news that we only play 3 games in the month of October. With effort like today, we can win all three without having to rely on the kicking game.
blue.gif

Law-bee, you are beginning to sound like a Hiver, telling everyone that everything is perfect and there is no room for improvement. Remember on the Hive, when someone made a comment about any item that seemed negative, and all the board would jump on them.

There is always room for improvement, and a person is not out of line to notice those items and bring them up. If you mentioned an item on the Hive you thought was deficient, you would hear the elite holler, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!".

Be careful that we don't take the same attitude on Stingtalk!

I will repeat my old Hive statement, "it is only the ostrichs that keep their head in the sand and do not see the obvious."

Am I glad Tech won? Yes. Do I thing they had to overcome a lot of adversity while playing away from home? Yes. Am I proud they won? Yes. Do I think it was great that we did not lose a fumble? Yes.

Do I think some of the players had great games? Yes, Ace did a super job for a newbie, and our receivers performed well today. The offensive line opened big holes all day. However, the offense nor defense had a great game.

Did Tech play a great game? No, but we won anyway. We could have easily lost the game except for a few key plays. We also received the benefit of the doubt on some key penalties. Is North Carolina a good team? No, maybe average at best. Were we deficient and have a lot of work to do in some areas? Absolutely, we are not a good team yet. We are probably only average at present.

Win or lose, I will continue to give my assessment of each game. I will try to post both the good and the bad. Alright Hivers, start piling on!

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Ahso has a point. The win is most important but as the wheels are still wobbling a good question is "why?". I also wanted to play with the new graemlins.
soapbox.gif
rant.gif
owned.gif
wtf.gif
fart.gif
hitit.gif
2up.gif

I agree with Lawbee... GT with all the hardships our team has gone through is one hellave scrapper... They damn well adjust!!!! People, or whatever they are, from the sec said we played a team in Vandy that probably shouldn't be in the sec... and here is Vandy playing Old Miss right down to the wire and now giving Lou Holt and USC more than they could almost handle. GT could have scored 70 points on Vandy the day we played them if we hadn't put our reserves in. North Carolina beat Syracuse solidly at Syracuse and here tonight, Auburn had to go into tripple overtime with Syracuse at Auburn before squeaking out a win. AND GT BEAT NORTH CAROLINA TODAY!!!! GEORGIA TECH HAS MAJOR TALENT AND HEART!!!

Good points (performance of other teams). We did not play a perfect game but we played damn well in my opinion. We did what we had to in order to win. Few penalties, good play calling, excellent adjustments, confidence, heart, character, and most importantly, enthusiasm. I bet this team will be on all 8 cylinders come November whsen we need it the most. Until then, just win baby!

law, I agree with most of what you say, and I am glad as heck to get a W, but I am not excited. This was, to me, a hard game to watch. Everything looked so difficult.

I feel like a "fair-weather" fan, but I thought a couple of yrs. ago we were on our way up, not down. Being #30 is not going to excite anybody.
I am just disappointed.

If we continue to win this way, it is better than the alternative, for sure, but other teams we will play are much better than NC.
confused.gif
confused.gif

I feel great about the game overall.

Our defense is simply the best, I've got no problems there.

Offense though, was playing against a defense that lost almost all players from last year, and the defensive coor., and had a few starters out. However, Suggs had a much better outing overall, Bilbo got his feet wet and did ok, and Ace looks to be a suitable replacement at RB. All in all, with continued week-to-week improvement on offense, we will have a successful season, and beat a ranked team or two before it's all said and done for the year.

Back