You want positives

Big Buck,

The red zone is the opponents 20 yard line and closer. All of Mangets misses have been from around 45 yards out or farther. He missed a 51 yarder and 50 yarder the first two weeks and appox. a 45 yarder against BYU after a bad hold by Higgins.

There are so many positives about this team, it isn't even funny. I'll name a few:

1) 2nd Half Defense
2) 2nd Half Offensive Adjustments
3) Pass Rush against BYU
4) Running Game - It's been lights out all year.
5) No quitting
6) No lack of fight in this team.
7) General Pass Defense is much improved.
8) Defense is ball-hawking...lots of turnovers.

Look, outside of our special teams gaffes against Clemson, we've been solid. Our offense is struggling with the passing game, but as Axe said, that's because Suggs is having trouble with his reads and decision-making.

On top of all of that, look at our record and consider all the injuries and guys leaving the team. In spite of all of that, and inspite of our offensive problems, we're 3-1 and we just beat a good BYU team.

I'll admit I'm a little scared with the loss of TH. But I think ACE will step in and do us a good job. Keep the faith.

Axe, I understand what constitutes the redzone. It was my thinking that the missed FG's were from within the RZ. I guess I must have been mistaken.

The passing problems were due to NO pass blocking against klimpsum and AJ just had a poor first half against BYU.

Go to thACC.com site and check the stats.
Guess who leads the conference in red zone success; not don't guess it is GT.
We have been in the red zone 14 times and have 13TDs and 1 FG; that's right 100% success. Does anyone remember the times last year we couldn't get in the endzone. If we had accomplished what we have so far this season, we would have won the conference last year.
Check out some of the other items, ie. Scores against the defense, etc and don't forget to check out the record 3-1. Sure we are 0-1 in conference but
there are a lot of games left.
Now is the time to support GT football, not pi** and moan.

Thank you, GTNut. Man, some people on this board are acting like we're 1-10 already.

Back