You want to see stupidity at its finest....

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
Take a venture over to The Hive and the front page of the GoJackets.com board.

I've always kind of wondered why is it that their reporters always seemed to focus on the guys who would talk to them moreso than the guys who are actually playing meaningful minutes for GT.

Here we are with the biggest game of the season two days away and we get in depth reporting on the whereabouts of Willie White. And you have to ask yourself why I dumped my Scout Insider subsription, look no further.

This is not a slam on Willie White. If it was Duke or Vanderbilt week, I can see the filler material necessary to any good premium board. In fact, I may actually read it.

But VT week? Seriously? Are you kidding me? Why not post Frank Beamers press conference which I can't seem to find anywhere. Not an interview done preseason with a coach or breaking news on a transfer that's not coming into the program, he's leaving the program.

White was a good player and I'm sorry it didn't work out for him here, but quite candidly, I'm more interested in the game this week than justifying why I'm paying money to get these interviews.

I remember awhile back a practice report that included a question and answer session with a redshirt junior safety that had never broken the two deep at his position and was at best a special teams player and 3rd stringer. Why? Why am I interested in that? I'm not trying to be an asshole, but those guys deserve it for actually charging people for this information. This is so weak its pathetic. Tell me about the guys who are playing meaningful minutes and will contribute, not your buddy that has so much time off on the sidelines during practice, he'll actually pose for pictures and give interviews.

Your audience isn't the 12 other guys who slobber over the next recruit that you bring to their tailgate. Its hundreds maybe thousands of fans who have paid for a service of quality information. Here we are two days away from playing the biggest game of the season... and you offer that?

Its no wonder Rivals is kicking your ass in information up and down the streets. Thats so far beyond the realm of stupid, I'm not even allowing Scout in my circle of dumb, its not good enough to be called dumb.

I agree, I moved to rivals as well around 5-6 months ago and have been very pleased.

The guys that provide the updates for GoJackets just strike me as regular fans who volunteered for it. Good for them I guess, but why would I pay for that information?

I've been wondering if I should get a Scout subscription. Is Rivals worth it?

Since the new guys at Rivals took over, it is far and away a much better buy. They constantly are giving you awesome info.

But VT week? Seriously? Are you kidding me? Why not post Frank Beamers press conference which I can't seem to find anywhere. Not an interview done preseason with a coach or breaking news on a transfer that's not coming into the program, he's leaving the program.

They posted a 1 on 1 interview with Frank Beamer on Tuesday. Here's the link. Would you have been happier if they posted less total stories, so the one you happened to see on the front page the one day you happened to swing by looked more like what you wanted it to look?

beej67,
doesn't pay for jack squat on the internet, but doesn't harsh on dudes who are basically volunteers for doing the best they can

With scout, there was alot of times I would think I was just wasting $$$ on my membership. I've yet to think that for a second with Rivals.

Rivals is worth every penny IMO.

I've been wondering if I should get a Scout subscription. Is Rivals worth it?
As long as you can tolerate a Damarius dominated premium message board. I swear to god that guy is like a vile venereal disease, it never goes away.

Aside from that though, Rivals is by far the best. The only thing I like about Scout is the fact that sometimes they give our recruits more attention than Rivals does.

They posted a 1 on 1 interview with Frank Beamer on Tuesday. Here's the link. Would you have been happier if they posted less total stories, so the one you happened to see on the front page the one day you happened to swing by looked more like what you wanted it to look?

It was an interview done before the season started which you obviously didn't read my tribute to in my first post. No offense, but if you're going to push out week old stale bread, don't expect me to pay for it. If you want me to pay for it and I do... then expect me to tell you your day old stale bread sucks my dirty ass.

You want me to be thankful for paying for information based on the fact that the guys bringing me that information donate their time? Dumbest argument you've ever made. Bar none.

It was an interview done before the season started which you obviously didn't read my tribute to in my first post. No offense, but if you're going to push out week old stale bread, don't expect me to pay for it. If you want me to pay for it and I do... then expect me to tell you your day old stale bread sucks my dirty ass.

You want me to be thankful for paying for information based on the fact that the guys bringing me that information donate their time? Dumbest argument you've ever made. Bar none.

I don't want you to be thankful for squat, and I'm not making you pay for anything. *I* don't pay for anything, and I highly encourage people who do to STEAL IT from the provider and post it on Stingtalk.

I just don't see why everyone bitches so damn much about a bunch of volunteers. It's like whining that the soup is cold in the Homeless Shelter.

I just don't see why everyone bitches so damn much about a bunch of volunteers. It's like whining that the soup is cold in the Homeless Shelter.

Clearly you don't understand the concept. You don't pay for soup in the homeless shelter. That was a premium article. Its not free. If you want to read it you have to pay. The funny thing is as a nonsubscriber, I can see the picture and premise of the article. So if they want subscribers there to PAY for this information I can get at least a good idea of what I'm paying for from reading the front page.

So why the **** would I pay to read about a player who is no longer on the team and transfering to a smaller school? Here we are two days before the VT game and look at Rivals front page compared to Scouts.

Rivals has a breakdown of the game, an interview with our oline coach, and two recruiting articles. Up until 5 seconds ago, Scout's main article was about a transfer leaving GT.

Its this kind of **** that made it an easy choice to allow my subscription to expire. This is not the first time they've done stuff like this. Its not exactly good marketing.

It has nothing to do with whether these guys are paid for their efforts or they volunteer, it has to do with wanting you to pay for the information they are providing. If I pay for it, I certainly expect more than an article about a transfer no longer on the team. Hell they would have been better off letting that piece be free to everyone because its completely useless.

Clearly you don't understand the concept. You don't pay for soup in the homeless shelter. That was a premium article. Its not free.

Okay.

So why have a conniption fit over it?

If I drive by a Taco Bell, and I see a billboard for a Gordita Crunch, I don't go on a five page rampage about how much Gordita Crunches are ****ing terrible and not worth the 89 cents. I drive on by.

Okay.

If I drive by a Taco Bell, and I see a billboard for a Gordita Crunch, I don't go on a five page rampage about how much Gordita Crunches are ****ing terrible and not worth the 89 cents. I drive on by.

What if you spent most of your time on message boards which strictly talked tacos in your state?

Okay.

Beej, when have you known me not to take a swipe at something so easy? Seriously? Would you prefer me to just "drive on by"?

And Taco Bell is the most underrated fast food on the planet.

Back