You will NOT believe what I just saw...

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
I was watching ESPN Classic, and there was a game on from way back in the last century...some little rivalry game I think.

Anyway, one team had come back from 17 pts down to tie the game, but when they were in chip shot field goal range with :15 left, they decided to be greedy bastiches and go for the touchdown. They ran the tailback up the middle and...what's this??? He fumbles!!! Their bumbling idiot of a coach can't believe his eyes. The game heads to overtime.

In the OT, they receive the ball first. Their QB with the feminine name (LaVonya, I believe it was...) again gets greedy and throws a wobbler that gets picked off in the endzone. The other team takes over and after a foiled attempt attempt at a field goal, they get another shot. Again, the bumbling idiot wonders what's going on. You see, the other team was led by a older fellow with a Masters from NYU and he knew how to handle situations like this. With new life, they converted the 2nd field goal to win in stunning fashion.

Man, could you imagine the fallout if a game like that ever happened around here?!?
wink.gif

Wasn't it fun to see some of the freshmen in that game who have turned into fantastic ball players.....Muyers, Manget, Rhino, etc..were all pups in 1999.

And on this Thanksgiving 2002:

"To God above, we give thanks, they gave the ball to Jasper Sanks!"

Go Jackets!!!!!
drinking.gif

I was very disappointed with how ESPN edited that game. I understand the need to cut games down to 2 hours but the first four drives of the game resulted in one FG by Tech and they kept these in their show. At that point they jump ahead to the 3rd qtr bypassing 3 TD scoring drives by Tech and 2 by Uga. I don't understand the importance of showing the those first rather unproductive drives. And they don't even show the critical turning point of the game where after stopping Uga on 3rd and long, the muffed punt by Hester allows them to get back into the game. Very poor editing if you ask me.

By the way, they mentioned Kerry Watkins being ejected from the game, but had to edit out the play that resulted in his ejection. I vaguely remember this, can anyone rekindle my memory?

Originally posted by jescho:

By the way, they mentioned Kerry Watkins being ejected from the game, but had to edit out the play that resulted in his ejection. I vaguely remember this, can anyone rekindle my memory?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Kerry did his best Roy Jones impersonation on Marcus Stroud. They get into it after a play and the ref saw Kerry's left hook; Stroud stayed in the game.

Back