Young Suspended

This would hurt a lot more if Jemea hadn't played so well this year. Not saying it doesn't hurt at all - just that it's nice to have a playmaker like Jemea there to step up. I wonder if that ends up affecting what schemes/blitzes Groh calls in-game. Now he only has 4 DBs that have been battle-tested rather than the 5 we had all season.

The problem is with the rotation, imo. Michael Peterson, though a senior, wasn't very reliable, and Jamal's a true freshman.

What is this "blitz" u speak of?

That's the defensive manuver where each DB play man-to-man coverage on the receivers, everyone else hugs a pocket defender, one DB turns his guy lose, the opposing QB completes a pass to the now open receiver, and the opposing team converts from 3rd and 20. It's been one of the more effective defensive play calls this year.

Now with this smart *** comment, watch them pass for 400 yds.

Anything is possible. Their offense is mostly balanced, but they seem to prefer to run, so I doubt they'll come out throwing a lot. They passed for 62 yards against Oregon State and 67 yards against UCLA (neither team very good, defensively). Against Washington they had their best passing game, 305 yards, but rushed for 17, so I guess they changed their strategy or took what they could get. Utah is not going to beat us with their offense.

This would hurt a lot more if Jemea hadn't played so well this year. Not saying it doesn't hurt at all - just that it's nice to have a playmaker like Jemea there to step up. I wonder if that ends up affecting what schemes/blitzes Groh calls in-game. Now he only has 4 DBs that have been battle-tested rather than the 5 we had all season.
Since we play a lot of nickel defense...just having Jemea ready will not be enough. True freshman Jamal Golden will have to play.

they said on 680 the fan just now that it was not anything that would get him arrested... whatever that means.. im thinking grades or curfew.. i dunno

they said on 680 the fan just now that it was not anything that would get him arrested... whatever that means.. im thinking grades or curfew.. i dunno

Not like suspensions from, well,

He probably said that he could figure out the option.

How long after grade release does the AA usually wait to announce the ineligible players? And if no one is ineligible, do they announce that?

Back