Your Preferred Win over UGA

Would you prefer to beat UGA when UGA

• has lost all of their games during the year?

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • is an SEC also ran with winning record (like this year)?

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • is undefeated with thoughts of the Nat.Champ. game?

Votes: 26 57.8%

• Total voters

BeeStorm

The Dark Side of the Force
How would you like your win over UGA tailored?

an end to a long slow death? or a crushing sledgehammer to the skull?

My preferred win over UGA is when they start preseason #1 and get slaughtered in every game that matters, with our win over us capping off a disappointing season.

The only thing that would make this win better was if it was 3 in a row, and Richt got fired.

JUST TWO MORE WINS, TECH.

There are the emotional responses and the rational. But even the rational responses are subject to debate about what scenario is best for GT.

1) The better UGA is in the national scene the better the win is to improve our rankings.

2) But there is the zero sum theory that holds that anything good for UGA is necessarily bad for GT. Recruiting, national prominence, etc. It seems to hold true for other rivalry situations like USC/UCLA, OSU/Michigan.

That's another reason we need a playoff. A playoff would mean I could forget about worrying about how teams on our schedule perform outside our schedule. And I could hope UGA lost every single game without fear of hurting our chances.

2) But there is the zero sum theory that holds that anything good for UGA is necessarily bad for GT. Recruiting, national prominence, etc. It seems to hold true for other rivalry situations like USC/UCLA, OSU/Michigan.

The more their program goes down the crapper, the stronger our program will be. This is undeniable.

I voted (A).

My hope for next year is we killing them at BDS and pushing them out of bowl eligibility. It could happen!

I can see where C is the most popular pick as it is satisfying to knock UGA off of it's lofty perch, SI or self-prognosticated.

But in all honesty, I don't want them to ever win a game so A is my answer.

KO return for TD as time expires and I can tell my MUTT B. in law--TAKE THAT!!

B. I don't ever want them close to NC contention, but I don't want them so mediocre that they become an afterthought.

To put it another way, I don't ever want to hear a Tech player utter some crap about it not being important to beat them, but unthinkable to lose to them.

My preferred win over UGA is when they start preseason #1 and get slaughtered in every game that matters, with our win over us capping off a disappointing season.

The only thing that would make this win better was if it was 3 in a row, and Richt got fired.

JUST TWO MORE WINS, TECH.

I agree completely. Losing all of their games prior to ours would cause them to simply not care after the first four games.

Winning them all and then losing to us, they will say the "tough SEC schedule" caused them to have to many injuries - one loss should be expected. Plus they'd still have the chance to go to a BCS game.

No, I prefer it the way it happened this year. :D

If they had lost all of their games prior to the GT loss, then you know that we'd be hearing about injuries, ineligibility, a brutal schedule, bad coaching, equipment malfunction, black mold on Sanford field, alien abduction, etc.... there would have been no end to the excuses that would have been generated by the time our game rolled around....... much like now, in fact, with less aliens, though.

What many here fail to realize is that the ultimate goal of beating Athens Correctional is for them to just give up and drop football as a sport.

I voted (A).

My hope for next year is we killing them at BDS and pushing them out of bowl eligibility. It could happen!

I wouldn't count on them not making a bowl, but their schedule won't be easy next year. They've got to go to Oklahoma State, us, and host Arizona State on top of more than likely improved Tennessee, Arkansas, and LSU teams to go with the other usuals in Florida, Auburn, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Vandy. Assuming Stafford and Moreno are gone, Richt's seat might start getting a little warm with that schedule.

I agree completely. Losing all of their games prior to ours would cause them to simply not care after the first four games.

Winning them all and then losing to us, they will say the "tough SEC schedule" caused them to have to many injuries - one loss should be expected. Plus they'd still have the chance to go to a BCS game.

No, I prefer it the way it happened this year. :D

schedule fatigue is a bitch

Back