your projection & opinion

GiveEmHellJackets

Dodd-Like
Sorry if this post annoys anybody for any of the various reasons it might. If it does, please just ignore it. I'm genuinely curious about what tech fans think about this though:

(1) Your best guess about the number of Tech wins in the upcoming regular season (i.e. out of a maximum possible of 12 wins; not including ACCCG or bowl)

(2) What is the highest number of wins that you would consider to be a disappointing total, (Again, just regular season.)

Elaborations encouraged.

Thanks.

yellowandnaked

Damn Good Rat
10 is what I expect. 8 wins would be a disappointment considering we won 9 last year.

RamblinWreck09

Greatly appreciated amongst mid 30s Turkish males
I think we have the ability, if we just isolate every game by itself, to beat everyone on the schedule. However, I don't think we'll be able to win 12 games in a row. I say we win 10 games this year, plus go to the ACCGC. Based on the schedule, I would be dissapointed with 7 - 8 wins.

Last edited:

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree with the sentiment everyone has had thus far. The optimist in me hopes for at least 10 years and an ACCCG win. The realist in me knows our schedule doesn't allow much room for error (eg: not showing up to play some games). I'll be disappointed in 7 wins or less if it's not due to freak injuries to key players. I won't write the season off if we only get 8. Most importantly, I'm just looking for/expecting improvement: more efficient passing, average points per game > 35, and putting the smackdown on teams like VT, UNC, and UGA to prove to their fanbases that this is the real deal and it's only going to get harder to defend - not easier like some like to prattle on about.

cajunjacket

Dodd-Like
I don't know what to expect until I can see the Jax St. game. But if we are anything like we were last year, I am predicting 9 plus or minus 1 win.

gth816f

Dodd-Like
10 is what I'm expecting.
9 would be okay.
8 would be a disappointment.

If we lose to Georgia it's a disappointing season.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
If we lose to Georgia it's a disappointing season.
We can go 1-11, as long as we win that one.

Only getting 7 wins isn't regressing to CGE, it's getting to 5 losses. That would be disappointing, especially given our schedule.

TechFan4Life

Varsity Lurker
I think we get 10. When looking at the schedule I can only see 2 question marks and UGA. I'm not going to write off UGA just for Karma purposes and I think we win at least 1 of the 2 others. But here's the real question - if we get 10 wins... who are the teams we lose to? hmmmm...

beej67

new around here
We've done this before. I said 9 was a reliable estimate.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
I expect to win every game. We are better than every team we play. The realist in me knows that we'll probably screw up a time or two, but I will go into every game expecting to win. I guess I'll predict 11 wins.

Less than 8 wins would make me look back on the season with disappointment, but I'd be back the next year ready to kick some ass again.

stinger78

Jacket by the grace of God.
8-10 is the probable range, maybe even two sigmas, for this year. 7 or less = something's gone badly wrong. 11 or more is an occurrence no one could reliably predict. The middle of the range is 9 wins, and I believe this to be the greatest probability.

Probable losses: (should only lose 2 of the 3)
VA Tech
FSU
UGAg

Possible losses: (should win at least 4 of the 6)
CU
UNC
Vandy
WFU
UVA
Miami

Almost certain wins: (should win all 3)
JSU
MSU
Duke

mortaqui

Varsity Lurker
9 is most likely, but with a little luck and few injuries, we certainly have the players and coach to make a run north of that.

Our schedule is front loaded with us playing Clemson, Miami, UNC, Florida State, and VT 5 of our first 7 games. (VT falling at the end of that 7 game stretch is not good for us, imo) We're gonna have to start the season hitting on all cylinders if we're gonna have a chance. Also, playing 11 weeks straight is likely to be a problem. Keeping everyone healthy just isn't gonna happen over that stretch. I feel like the biggest determining factor of how successful we end up is gonna come down to who gets hurt, how bad, and at what point in the season. If we stay healthy, I think we can play with anyone.

yellowandnaked

Damn Good Rat
Looking realistically at CPJ's 2nd year at GSU and Navy, his teams showed remarkable improvement. I know everyone in the ACC is improved. But, I think our improvement curve will be dramatically more significant than VT, UNC, or UM. If our offense is really executing as fast as has been said then we will be very hard to stop. I feel comfortable with our DL as well. We have recruited this position very well over the past few years and I trust our coaches, especially Giff. Our secondary should be stout and I expect great things from them. Thus, I am expecting 10 wins as long as injuries don't kill us.

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
I think we will go 11-1 before the bowl game. Will I be disappointed if we win 10 or even 9 games. No. Really depends on how the season plays out. You can't predict things like injuries and other factors.

MtownJacket

Dodd-Like
Predict: 10
Hope: 11
Acceptable: 9
Backtracking: 8

Beating the mutts and winning our bowl game are also expectations.

I will be ok if we don't go to the ACCCG as long as the person that does go represents in the OB. In fact if VT pulled off the MNC game (not likely) that would be pretty awesome.

Yellow Fever

Jolly Good Fellow
To be completely honest, it is not totally crazy for me to think we could go undefeated regular season.