Your response?

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
... if I sport a Ragin' Cajuns t-shirt at Bobby Dodd next weekend? I went to grad school at ULL and would love to go to Athens, but I can't stand the stink of that town. So, I was thinking I'd go to BD, cheer on my Jackets AND thumb my nose at the jerks up the road.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
... if I sport a Ragin' Cajuns t-shirt at Bobby Dodd next weekend? I went to grad school at ULL and would love to go to Athens, but I can't stand the stink of that town. So, I was thinking I'd go to BD, cheer on my Jackets AND thumb my nose at the jerks up the road.
Now look here. I know that as a confused young man who cheers for GT and graduated from ULL, you have about as much resolve and sternness as a Chinese water noodle when it comes to your fan allegiance, and hey, that's fine. But the people on this board bleed gold in ways you can't even imagine or quite frankly understand. Some of us have been with GT for decades, long before there were talks of football and ULL bandwagon fans.GT is not just some school we root for. It's a religion. It's a passion that can only come from those who are at ground zero of building something from nothing. It's easy to be a fan of schools like GSU and UGA. Everything is already made, handed to you on a silver platter. All you have to do is show up and join the masses.

But here, my friend, you earn your fandom. And you certainly don't begin earning it by telling everyone you will wear ULL colors on the day the dream for many of us is finally realized. It's an insult you are even here on this board with "AJC" letters as part of your screen name as you claim to be a GT fan. I've seen your posts on the ULL message board, and you are about as much of a GT fan as a casual window shopper is of a store that has a "going out of business" sale. To you,GT is some sort of novelty, a curiosity that might develop into something more concrete down the line.

So if you think for once second that we "need all the fans we can get," you are sadly mistaken, as you are confused. I would rather have on passionate fan from the true Sting Talk family, than 10 weasels like you that flip-flop white and gold colors.

GT will get plenty of true fans whether you show up with your ULL shirt or not, that I promise you.

As far as the internet tough guy reference, if you think this is some message board posturing, then I dare you to put that ULL shirt up in the Orange lot on September 4th in my sight. There will about 80 of my brothers behind me, and they all bleed gold, and this certainly won't be the first (or probably last) time we end up in a holding cell after a brawl -- although they usually occur in bars rather than parking lots. I guess that could also be part of a new tradition we are making here at Tech.

GTFowler

Jolly Good Fellow
Now look here. I know that as a confused young man who cheers for GT and graduated from ULL, you have about as much resolve and sternness as a Chinese water noodle when it comes to your fan allegiance, and hey, that's fine. But the people on this board bleed gold in ways you can't even imagine or quite frankly understand. Some of us have been with GT for decades, long before there were talks of football and ULL bandwagon fans.GT is not just some school we root for. It's a religion. It's a passion that can only come from those who are at ground zero of building something from nothing. It's easy to be a fan of schools like GSU and UGA. Everything is already made, handed to you on a silver platter. All you have to do is show up and join the masses.

But here, my friend, you earn your fandom. And you certainly don't begin earning it by telling everyone you will wear ULL colors on the day the dream for many of us is finally realized. It's an insult you are even here on this board with "AJC" letters as part of your screen name as you claim to be a GT fan. I've seen your posts on the ULL message board, and you are about as much of a GT fan as a casual window shopper is of a store that has a "going out of business" sale. To you,GT is some sort of novelty, a curiosity that might develop into something more concrete down the line.

So if you think for once second that we "need all the fans we can get," you are sadly mistaken, as you are confused. I would rather have on passionate fan from the true Sting Talk family, than 10 weasels like you that flip-flop white and gold colors.

GT will get plenty of true fans whether you show up with your ULL shirt or not, that I promise you.

As far as the internet tough guy reference, if you think this is some message board posturing, then I dare you to put that ULL shirt up in the Orange lot on September 4th in my sight. There will about 80 of my brothers behind me, and they all bleed gold, and this certainly won't be the first (or probably last) time we end up in a holding cell after a brawl -- although they usually occur in bars rather than parking lots. I guess that could also be part of a new tradition we are making here at Tech.

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest

:biggthumpup:

(though, I would have given you bonus points if you had changed "orange lot" to "Wachovia")

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Taylor Bennet?

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
I don't get it.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I wore an Oklahoma State shirt last year under my GT top at our first game.

Aiken Jacket

Flats Noob
I wore an Oklahoma State shirt last year under my GT top at our first game.
I usually wear UGag underwear on gameday just so the dawgs can feel my balls dangling and catch a whiff of some farting in their general direction.

gthog61

Dodd-Like
I usually wear UGag underwear on gameday just so the dawgs can feel my balls dangling and catch a whiff of some farting in their general direction.
only time a skidmark is not only socially acceptable but recommended

GT_LUVER

Helluva Engineer
Sorry have to disagree here wearing any uga apparel is sacreligious and punishable by death.

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member
Just waiting for somebody to flip on it. I like this thread's potential.