Your thoughts? (uni-related)

ramble on

Dodd lite
If there was an online petition of fans & alumni asking D-rad to bring back the throwbacks (either temporarily or permanent) how many signatures would it take to be even considered?

Bad idea or not?

I have not bought any of the new football jerseys. I would spend a larger amount of money on a throwback however. This alone should make our AA want to bring those throwbacks out.

Unless we are going to go with a traditional look (Bama/PSU) all of the time (which we obviously are not), then I think the players, $100K+ donors (people buying the unis), and CPJ should have most of the influence on unis....not the average fan.

FWIW though: I love the '06 throwback unis and would vote hell yes.

Infinite, because online petitions have never done anything in the history of the world.

Infinite, because online petitions have never done anything in the history of the world.

Writing and mailing letters is much more effective. It's one thing to get a petition signed by 1000 people, it's completely different to get 1000 letters in the mail.

wrong gold. not enough white. blue isn't one of our colors.

/thread

Except the gold on those is closer to old gold than what we use now. (Though, 2 years ago is actual old gold). And really, if we didn't use blue, we would have the dullest unis ever...

I loved the new white bottoms with gold tops that we wore against Wake this past fall. I would be in favor of making that our default home uni.

Except the gold on those is closer to old gold than what we use now. (Though, 2 years ago is actual old gold). And really, if we didn't use blue, we would have the dullest unis ever...
I don't think you understand....I said "/thread".

I thought a main reason to not have those style unis was to get away from the old regime mindset and 7-5 seasons for the most part.

Unless we are going to go with a traditional look (Bama/PSU) all of the time (which we obviously are not), then I think the players, $100K+ donors (people buying the unis), and CPJ should have most of the influence on unis....not the average fan.

FWIW though: I love the '06 throwback unis and would vote hell yes.

After CPJ took over, weren't the upperclassman players responsible for choosing the uniforms? That's what I recall anyway. If the players don't like the throwbacks then I doubt we'll see them again. Plus, I think Russell wants to push their own style/fabrics (which I hate) to set themselves apart from the other apparel companies.

Remember, Russell pays GT a lot of money so GT has to make certain concessions to get that money. We don't have the large UGA fan base that buys hundreds of thousands of jerserys, even if they were pink and orange.

We don't have the large UGA fan base that buys hundreds of thousands of jerserys, even if they were pink and orange.

We also have a limited amount of stuff to buy. I can only buy the same shirt/hoody/polo so many times before I have enough of them.

Only if the petitioners $ donations were greater than what RS is giving us would it matter.

Throwbacks or the White/Gold, I would just prefer some classier looking, more traditional trim. Not the arena league crap.

I like our unis now. WAY better than the gailey sh**. though the throwbacks would be amazingly awesome

The 2006 Throwbacks would be great; don't know how it would work out for road games--white hats, white shirts, and gold pants perhaps?

Of course I liked the gold in 2008 (CPJ's first year) as well, since we finally seemed to be wearing OLD gold again before reverting to Vegas gold this past year.

Heck, perhaps Russell can even find a way to approximate the darker gold from the 1990s uniforms.

Back