Your weekly "**** ESPN" thread

The Jacket

The Coat
Halftime of the Oregon-ASU game. ESPN covers teams #1-#6 and goes to commercial. They come back and go directly to #9 USC getting destroyed.

From #9, on to the #12 Pitt vs. unranked Notre Dame.

Bet money they only mention us under the banner of "That wacky ACC!"

Any bets on the "ACC Wheel of Fortune" being pulled out and landing on Georgia Tech later tonight? I hate those ****ers so much.

Amazing how utterly devastated Holtz is when talking about Notre Dame's loss.

Any bets on the "ACC Wheel of Fortune" being pulled out and landing on Georgia Tech later tonight? I hate those ****ers so much.
Good minds (read: Winsomniacs) think alike. :biggthumpup:

The way I look at it, I don't really care right now. A few more 10+ win season and we'll be the media darling.

Nah, ESPN has actually been pretty straight with us today. We were the headline on espn.com for most of the day, and "GT clinches ACC coastal" is still one of the top stories trolling along the bottom of the screen.

Nah, ESPN has actually been pretty straight with us today. We were the headline on espn.com for most of the day, and "GT clinches ACC coastal" is still one of the top stories trolling along the bottom of the screen.

The point of this thread is that every week on their nightly recaps/SportsCenter/College Football Final, ESPN ignores us to the best of their ability. When they do reference us, they do it only while discussing/mocking the silliness of our conference.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Bob Davie commented that "Everyone has been wondering if Auburn's gimmicky high school offense would work against SEC defenses." I guess they've moved on from us haha.

Amazing how utterly devastated Holtz is when talking about Notre Dame's loss.

Did they make him wear the Pitt shirt?

As to the OP. Defending #7 is, by virtue of numerical order, less impressive than defending #1-6, especially when you consider that the only ranked opponent among them this week was WVU. Duke played horribly in the last 75% of the game, too.

ND coverage was a slap in the dick to Lou, and Stanford destroying #9 off the charts was epic hilarity (I was watching, and I maintain it bears repeating).

With Miami (the team that beat us) becoming even MORE irrelevant today (as #14), even a LOSS to Duke would've put us at a 50/50 chance of repping the Coastal in the ACCCG. In short, it surprised nobody, and it didn't really matter in the scheme of things.

Did they make him wear the Pitt shirt?

As to the OP. Defending #7 is, by virtue of numerical order, less impressive than defending #1-6, especially when you consider that the only ranked opponent among them this week was WVU. Duke played horribly in the last 75% of the game, too.

ND coverage was a slap in the dick to Lou, and Stanford destroying #9 off the charts was epic hilarity (I was watching, and I maintain it bears repeating).

With Miami (the team that beat us) becoming even MORE irrelevant today (as #14), even a LOSS to Duke would've put us at a 50/50 chance of repping the Coastal in the ACCCG. In short, it surprised nobody, and it didn't really matter in the scheme of things.

The fact that they blatantly disregarded and discarded our win over Virginia Tech on the night it happened causes me to be unable to care whether they have a reason for ignoring us today or what it is.

I actually think they did okay. We got plenty of press in the afternoon considering we were a noon game. Besides, Iowa - OSU, Stanford - USC, ND - Pitt were all better games with story lines worth speaking off. Think we got as much coverage as Texas did for blowing out Baylor today.

Wow, you guys really don't understand the point of this thread at all. Bunch of ****ing Georgia fans in disguise.

I know what you're talking about The Jacket. ESPN can suck my dick.

Wow, you guys really don't understand the point of this thread at all. Bunch of ****ing Georgia fans in disguise.

That's a little harsh. I'm not trying to come off as saying that it doesn't matter that we don't get on ESPN. I'm trying to say ESPN is irrelevant. The voters in the key polls are going to look at all the stats, watch all the games, or at least recognize all the wins anyway. Paul Johnson is going to continue to recruit with his obvious success regardless of whether or not ESPN just wants to talk about ND all day. It doesn't look like it's helped ND any at all.

That's a little harsh. I'm not trying to come off as saying that it doesn't matter that we don't get on ESPN. I'm trying to say ESPN is irrelevant. The voters in the key polls are going to look at all the stats, watch all the games, or at least recognize all the wins anyway. Paul Johnson is going to continue to recruit with his obvious success regardless of whether or not ESPN just wants to talk about ND all day. It doesn't look like it's helped ND any at all.

Easy, DeVonte - I was joking.

Easy, DeVonte - I was joking.

Dam. Got me. Easiest way to get me riled up is to call me a Georgie fan. I was in a bar full of buttsniffers today screamin my lungs out every time Auburn's pathetic team managed a first down. Those bitches wanted to fight me. I get fierce about that ****. XD

Back