You're 18 Again (Recruiting)

Play reasonably close to where I'm from, but if I'm a 5 star thats kind of out the window

Good network on alumni for when my playing days are finished, whether thats nfl or after senior year

Good education, let football open up doors to a program / degree that I wouldn't have otherwise. For me that means generic state U is out. For a lot of players that means generic state U is a huge jump.

I like technology, so probably somewhere that some prominent technology people had come from

I like tradition, so it'd probably be a school that has a lot of history

Want supportive fans/alumni base, but not crazy ones like Bama.

Don't want absolute middle of nowhere, but mid size college town, would prefer not city but its acceptable.

Coaches who have put a respectable number of former players in the NFL. Low drama staff.

1. Stanford
2. Michigan
3. ND
4. Cal/Berkley
5. GT (though, the more I think about it the more our alumni network seems to be subpar both for former players and for other alumni, at least in my experience)
6. Ole Miss, cause screw it, if I'm going to generic state U I'm going to one where as a 5 star I'd be a god and have my pick of beautiful southern bells.

Beaver, degree quality, weather would all be factors.

1) Texas @ Austin (A++ beaver, decent degree, A+ weather)
2) Berkeley (A beaver, great degree, C- weather)
3) UCLA (A++ beaver, decent degree, A+ weather)
4) Oregon (A+ beaver, meh degree, B weather)
5) Stanford (C beaver, great degree, C- weather)

...so just to be fair this would be my top 10:
Stanford
UCLA
Cal
Texas
GT ( yes really)
Miami
Florida
UVa
Rice ( great campus in great area and you would get anything you want)
Northwestern
The fact is, although I would doubt any of us were 5 star FB players (though some of us may have had potential to be a scholarship athletes in another sport), due to the proliferation of GT people who had some form of academic scholarship of significance, .

I had a good friend go to Princeton on a FB scholly. It basically gave him admission via academic exemption and he was like 4th in my class in HS. He hurt his back and sat a year, they pulled the scholly for a year and he had to move back in with his parents and not go to school while he healed.

How much did he get in financial aid? I know they don't give "athletic scholarships" but they still give money to athletes.

Beaver, degree quality, weather would all be factors.

1) Texas @ Austin (A++ beaver, decent degree, A+ weather)
2) Berkeley (A beaver, great degree, C- weather)
3) UCLA (A++ beaver, decent degree, A+ weather)
4) Oregon (A+ beaver, meh degree, B weather)
5) Stanford (C beaver, great degree, C- weather)
I think Cal and Stanford have better weather than Oregon (it gets cold/foggy this time of year), but this is a pretty good list.

What nationality am I? Cause if im latino or mexican i'd go with miami, la, or san diego... if im white i go for UF... if im african american or asian i go for GT...

Back