You're 18 Again (Recruiting)

MtownJacket

Dodd-Like
School is important and I'd want to study physics.

1. Stanford
2. Berkley
3. Illinois
4. Michigan
5. Maryland
6. Texas
7. Wisconsin
8. UCLA
9. Colorado
10. Washington

beej67

new around here
I figure I'd go for some combination of diploma value, chicks, campus, and weather, with extra weight towards diploma value.

Stanford is a clear #1, having all four, and not really being that hard academically
Harvard
Yale
GT
USC
Arizona State
Penn St
Michigan
Texas
Florida (would at least get to beat UGA most years)

I would list Cal, but jesus effing christ they're soooooo libtard out there I don't think I'd survive my freshman year.

GTYellowJacket12

Flats Noob
Assuming all programs have no known NCAA issues here are my 10 in no particular order.

Texas (Austin's the might best college town in the country)
Alabama (Too dominant and stable to ignore)
Miami (hometown school, beach, women of all colors, parties, strippers, boats, just all around bling & NFL U legacy)
USC (see Miami, augment it plus Hollywood angle)
Clemson (Gorgeous Campus plus I can get offered what Mike Bellamy got)
Stanford (Gorgeous urban Campus, PAC 12, I have a thing for linear accelerators)
Michigan State (Gorgeous women, easy classes, easy conference which rules out Ole Miss)
Ohio State (See Mich St, augment it)
Notre Dame (Support Structures for Former SA is second to none, over 200 alumni clubs just outside the US)
Oregon (Nike, Nike, Nike, Nike....)

Also Texas A & M, always liked them despite being a Neo-Fascist, Homoerotic cult. If there were unlimited official visits I would also include Tulane (NOLA), UNLV (Vegas), Nevada (Hookers) and Arizona State but only if I'm allowed to go to lake Havasu during Spring break and given plenty of penicillin, the same might be applicable to FSU just substitute Panama City Beach for Lake Havasu.

JelloYacketDeleted062020

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
My schools would be exactly the same as when I applied to school at 18 years old.

1. UVA
2. Princeton
3. GT
4. Texas A&M
5. Virginia Tech

I wanted to go to the best school possible, and I really liked UVA's campus and really liked Princeton when I lived close to there. GT was #1 in my major, family went to Texas A&M and I grew up going down there for football games, and I liked VT's campus.

If you tack on football, it would probably remove Princeton because there is still no scholarship money. I probably would've gone to UVA, because they would've let me in, which they didn't think was a good idea when I was 18.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
I find it interesting the number of you guys that are listing good academic schools even though you're a five star recruit. I would be interested to know the percentage of five stars that go on to the NFL in general.

The M-Train

Helluva Engineer
I'd pick based on lowest academic effort required and quality of female talent on campus. Top 3 would be (in no particular order):

ASU
USCw
Ole Miss

gtcompscientist

Dodd-Like
I find it interesting the number of you guys that are listing good academic schools even though you're a five star recruit. I would be interested to know the percentage of five stars that go on to the NFL in general.
I would aspire to be like Sean Bedford and have good academics to go with my awesome football skills.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
I would aspire to be like Sean Bedford and have good academics to go with my awesome football skills.
Sean Bedford was a walk on though, not a 5 star recruit. I think the vast majority (if not 100%) of 5 star recruits are not thinking about the degree as a top priority because they plan on playing in the NFL. That's why I wonder what percentage of them actually make it.

gtcompscientist

Dodd-Like
I know about Sean being a walk on. I'm just saying if I had been a 5-star recruit, I would have aspired to do well on and off the field and parlayed my star power into a better education.

beej67

new around here
A few years ago there was an article stating it was more likely for a 5 star recruit to go to jail than the NFL.

JT8217

Helluva Engineer
My schools would be exactly the same as when I applied to school at 18 years old.

1. UVA
2. Princeton
3. GT
4. Texas A&M
5. Virginia Tech

I wanted to go to the best school possible, and I really liked UVA's campus and really liked Princeton when I lived close to there. GT was #1 in my major, family went to Texas A&M and I grew up going down there for football games, and I liked VT's campus.

If you tack on football, it would probably remove Princeton because there is still no scholarship money. I probably would've gone to UVA, because they would've let me in, which they didn't think was a good idea when I was 18.
I had a good friend go to Princeton on a FB scholly. It basically gave him admission via academic exemption and he was like 4th in my class in HS. He hurt his back and sat a year, they pulled the scholly for a year and he had to move back in with his parents and not go to school while he healed.

a5ehren

Damn Good Rat
Given the OP's criteria, it'd look something like this:
USCw
Texas
Oregon
Bama
UF/UGA/Clemson
Ole Miss

Given what I know about life now, it'd be something like this:
Stanford
Duke
Northwestern
Berkeley
Michigan/Texas

gtcu17

Dodd-Like
1. FSU
2. UF
3. Alabama
4. Clemson
5. GT

If I could go anywhere as a 5-star recruit, I'd want a big stadium, warm weather, close to home, and a high-profile program at a respected school to get me to the NFL or a good degree.

cajunjacket

Dodd-Like
For me:

1. GT
2. Stanford
3. UCLA
4. UF
5. Michigan (if I could stand the cold)