Youth hurting us when we're down?

GTLiebs

Dodd-Like
I'm interested in what people think of this idea I have. In a few of our losses, do you think the youth of our team, particularly our offense, kept us from having comeback wins? I mean just looking at UVa and UNC, after we had started getting pushed down score wise, our offense just didn't seem to be able to come back momentum wise.

This also might stand to bear a bit as to why we only got a field goal in the Peach Bowl.

Now I'm not saying this is certain and I don't have that much concrete evidence (more of a feeling). Just curious what others here think of that.

Obviously momentum has a lot to do with how teams play. It's not just limited to us or teams with youth. It happens to the best teams as well.

Hopefully as these kids grow they feel the sense of urgency EVERY PLAY. That's what seasons are about, playing 100% every play. When you do that you eliminate a lot of other distractions.

Yeah it probably is mostly momentum. However it does seem that in those losses when we are behind and trying to score it feels like the offense is 'forced' if that makes any sense. Like, a veteran team would grit down and work through the field whereas in those instances it seems like we were trying to force ourselves down the field. Not sure which that can be attributed to, youth or momentum.

Yeah it probably is mostly momentum. However it does seem that in those losses when we are behind and trying to score it feels like the offense is 'forced' if that makes any sense. Like, a veteran team would grit down and work through the field whereas in those instances it seems like we were trying to force ourselves down the field. Not sure which that can be attributed to, youth or momentum.
I don't think it was particularly about youth, it was moe about not playing well all day. You can't really expect the O to suddenly pick it up when they get down if they haven't had any success to speak of until then. I also think it had more to do with poor line play in those games and lack of a passing attack. Plus Josh was hurt against UVA and UNC.

Plus you can't really say we didn't come back at all, considering we came back to beat BC and ugag.

True, but was Nesbitt really hurt at UVa? I didn't remember that. I know he was hurt at UNC then hurt himself again.

And you can't say that about no success at offense earlier in the game for the UVA game, we were up 14-3 in the first quarter,

BC and Clemson were both come behind wins.

I think it varies from game to game.

Back