You've accepted mediocrity when...

GTKyle

Dodd-Like
1. You blame the players and don't believe the coaches could have done anything differently to change the outcome of a close game.

2. You don't want Chan to be fired because you'd rather have a 7-5 record than take a chance on a new coach.

3. You say that GT will never be good because of academic restrictions and recruiting issues.

4. You are just happy with the wins we get now.

5. You think beating Georgie once every 7 years is acceptable.

6. You gloat after wins to people that want a coaching change.

BarrelORum

Mediocre Poster
So basically what you are saying is that Lawbee has accepted mediocrity?

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
1. You blame the players and don't believe the coaches could have done anything differently to change the outcome of a close game.

Don't think I've seen anyone here do that...yeah some have pointed out lack of execution on the part of the players, but I haven't seen them excuse the coaches of their responsibility - ya gotta link?

2. You don't want Chan to be fired because you'd rather have a 7-5 record than take a chance on a new coach.

No, you miss the point entirely. It's a shorter path from 7-5 (or 9-5) to 14-0 than it is to start all over.

3. You say that GT will never be good because of academic restrictions and recruiting issues.

People rightfully point out GT has some things that make it tougher than most place to be champions, but I've seen no one say what you accuse them of. gotta link?

4. You are just happy with the wins we get now.

One. Just ONE link to someone that's happy with the status quo. ONE, kyle, just ONE.

5. You think beating Georgie once every 7 years is acceptable.

One. Just ONE link to someone that's happy with the status quo. ONE, kyle, just ONE.

6. You gloat after wins to people that want a coaching change.

Some do use the opportunity of a win to point out that the naysayers are wrong. But it's much more common for the ones that want to fire Gailey to come out of the woodwork after a loss screaming for his head.

One more thing, kid. Don't yore black, gun-totin' bodyguard self accuse me of 'accepting mediocrity'. OK?

G

GTfanNBama

i don't get this thread, be man enough to call somebody out, don't be vague. Seems like this should have been a private message to someone(s) individual.

mm42

Dodd-Like
The all-time Georgia Tech winning % is 59%, while Gailey's winning % is 58%. Does that make us a mediocre program?

GTKyle

Dodd-Like
i don't get this thread, be man enough to call somebody out, don't be vague. Seems like this should have been a private message to someone(s) individual.
You want me to PM each person that accepts mediocrity? :D

F

flushed 01

Included in that all time are some MAJOR bowl games, some 10-11 win season and some victories over UGAG. Plus do we have to settle for what HAS BEEN.

floridajacket

The Real DB Cooper
Included in that all time are some MAJOR bowl games, some 10-11 win season and some victories over UGAG. Plus do we have to settle for what HAS BEEN.
I believe the only 10-11 win seasons since Dodd were 1990 and 1998. Pretty easy, isn't it?

gthog61

Dodd-Like
It's pretty easy to "not accept mediocrity" when you don't personally have anything to do with the success of the team one way or the other. It's all just blather."I don't accept mediocrity." Woohoo, look at what a standup guy I am.It seems like a lot of folks in our society put a lot of stock in faux verbal courage that doesn't really cost the speaker anything.

law_bee

Dodd-Like
I will type very slowly so you people will understand.

recent GT history

lost to furman
0-and whatever in the ACC

Maybe we should get Fridge to come in here and coach?

He has lost 3 out of 4 to CG but I remember many posters thinking he would be a great hire.

The ONLY team CG has not beaten is Ugag and it may happen this year.

I have 4 tix on the 50 yd line so I put my money where my mouth is.

Just because SOME BRILLIANT posters on stingtalk think GT can get a better coach I am not ready to travel to Guyana and start drinking kool-aid.

My prediction is CG will be here until he gets ready to leave. 3 wins in a row over Miami is not the type of accomplishment that AD's overlook.

Also Nebraska's AD getting fired for firing Solich is a wakeup call for AD's screwing up and losing their job.

And for the record I am ok w/ CG being replaced as long as it is an upgrade. And if CG is replaced I will still be hoping for 14-0 seasons just like I am now.

For those who can't stomach GT w/ CG as the head coach maybe you all should send emails to the AD. Let him know how you feel. For those who moved out of the 50 yd line seats I SALUTE YOU. I want to thank all who have allowed me to improve my seats at BDS@HGF.

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
law_bee enjoys mediocrity for his own selfish pleasures. That ain't right.:laugher:

MaconGTfan

Flats Noob
I believe the only 10-11 win seasons since Dodd were 1990 and 1998. Pretty easy, isn't it?
Ok, so 2 10-win seasons the 90's, call it 2 every 10 years...Gailey should've given us one by now...oh wait, he could've last year but we couldn't beat Wake, that's right..couldn't even score a freakin' TD! Not to mention UGA...9 wins, a trip to the ACCCG but finishing unranked, I think that about sums it up.

Lets start simple...how about just finishing a season ranked?!

F

flushed 01

Let me ask mediocre lawbee a question, how many major college coaches who have lost 5 in a row to the main rival have kept theyre job.

TechinItEasy

Dodd-Like
I
The ONLY team CG has not beaten is Ugag and it may happen this year.

What about the last 6 years? IMO last year was by far our best chance.

What about the ACCCG? What about finishing ranked? These were CG's goals upon arriving at Tech.

And for the record I am ok w/ CG being replaced as long as it is an upgrade. And if CG is replaced I will still be hoping for 14-0 seasons just like I am now.

For those who can't stomach GT w/ CG as the head coach maybe you all should send emails to the AD. Let him know how you feel. For those who moved out of the 50 yd line seats I SALUTE YOU. I want to thank all who have allowed me to improve my seats at BDS@HGF.

A lot of us have sent emails. Why would you salute fans who are so frustrated that they discontinue support of the program?
nt

dressedcheeseside

Dodd-Like
One thing that people overlook is that Gailey's teams have always outperformed themselves. What I mean is, they have achieved more than their recruiting rankings might suggest. This means one of two things:

a) Gailey and staff are better judges of talent than the experts, or

b) Gailey and staff are able to get more with less, ie, coaching them up

Both of these options are great charactistics to have in a coaching staff.

Now we seem to have really improved our recruiting techniques as last year's class, as well as this year's class, so far, look very strong. I for one, would like to see what he can do with better players. After all, its really the players who play, win and lose, not the coaches and fans.

I do, however, wish he'd improve his gameday decision making, primarily, allowing his hired assistants to make them.

Furthermore, I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg of what Bond is capable of on offense.

GTKyle

Dodd-Like
One thing that people overlook is that Gailey's teams have always outperformed themselves. What I mean is, they have achieved more than their recruiting rankings might suggest. This means one of two things:

a) Gailey and staff are better judges of talent than the experts, or

b) Gailey and staff are able to get more with less, ie, coaching them up

Both of these options are great charactistics to have in a coaching staff.

Now we seem to have really improved our recruiting techniques as last year's class, as well as this year's class, so far, look very strong. I for one, would like to see what he can do with better players. After all, its really the players who play, win and lose, not the coaches and fans.

I do, however, wish he'd improve his gameday decision making, primarily, allowing his hired assistants to make them.

Furthermore, I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg of what Bond is capable of on offense.
Outperformed themselves? No way.

Gailey's teams have never:

1) Won an ACC championship
2) Finished in the top 25
3) Beat UGA
4) Finished with less than 5 losses