You've won tickets to the Iron Bowl!

This sounded funny till I saw the video. Thats just sad. They have people getting all happy and saying they are a winner and then they take them back there and haul their ass off to jail. Why couldn't they have just cuffed their ass when they walked through the door? I think this was as much to emberass them as anything and I wouldn't be surprised if they get sued over going to this extreme.

Piping in music and having them say öööö in to the camera is just wrong. I'm all for people paying child support, but come on, these people aren't murderers.

I'm with you. I think it would be alright to shame people who didn't pay child support by putting their name/picture in the newspaper, on TV, or whatever, and saying they didn't pay child support. That punishment fits the crime. But to me making a production out of this sting falls under "cruel and unusual punishment". It's embarrassing these people by making them look like fools on top of their punishment for not paying child support. That's not right; the criminals' dignity should be respected as they will not be in jail forever. In this country we believe in rehabilitating all but the worst criminals and we should afford these particular criminals the possibility of again becoming functioning and respected members of society.

This sounded funny till I saw the video. Thats just sad. They have people getting all happy and saying they are a winner and then they take them back there and haul their ass off to jail. Why couldn't they have just cuffed their ass when they walked through the door? I think this was as much to emberass them as anything and I wouldn't be surprised if they get sued over going to this extreme.

Piping in music and having them say öööö in to the camera is just wrong. I'm all for people paying child support, but come on, these people aren't murderers.

I doubt the police knew when each person would show up to get the tickets. If someone else walked in while an arrest was being made, I'm sure they would get suspicious and leave. The safest way to cuff someone and get them to jail is to convince them that they are confined and surrounded so they give up without a fight. It was essential to get the suspects to lower their guard until they were in the building and had identified themselves, and then remove them from civilian participants. On the video, it looks like it's all for a laugh, but if you designed the operation effectively and safely, you'd end up with the same strategy.

Edit. I'm sure all these people had already been notified of their charges using the same address that the letter was addressed to. It was their refusal to appear in court and disrespect for the law that got them into this.

All seems to have been done prefessionally. It might be a warning for others to pay up or go back to court to get things straightened up.

I doubt the police knew when each person would show up to get the tickets. If someone else walked in while an arrest was being made, I'm sure they would get suspicious and leave. The safest way to cuff someone and get them to jail is to convince them that they are confined and surrounded so they give up without a fight. It was essential to get the suspects to lower their guard until they were in the building and had identified themselves, and then remove them from civilian participants. On the video, it looks like it's all for a laugh, but if you designed the operation effectively and safely, you'd end up with the same strategy.

And they need the TV news cameras in the arrest room because?

Back