zell miller

toe meets leather

Flats Noob
WAS IN T-BALL THE LAST TIME VANDY WON A SEC GAME , IF YOU THINK CHAN GAILEY IS THE COACH FOR GT YOU NEED TO COME OUT OF YOUR COMA.

NO not mad! I was a FOCer but no MORE! If CCG had half a brain he would make Tech into very dangerous team. But, since he doesn't have even half a brain we are DOOMED! I saw exactly 1 innovative play no more and if you saw more re-play the game on your VCR and tell me which one it was.

Interesting. I'll call and let the team know that we're "Doomed" and that they can just hang up their cleats.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
NO not mad! I was a FOCer but no MORE! If CCG had half a brain he would make Tech into very dangerous team. But, since he doesn't have even half a brain we are DOOMED! I saw exactly 1 innovative play no more and if you saw more re-play the game on your VCR and tell me which one it was.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Also, I don't suppose you saw where CG discussed opening up the offense from here on out did you?

Originally posted by ShadyJacket:
they tend to hang up their cleats every other game, so no need to call them.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So the team has no heart?

Shady I see you're a student. Somehow I don't think you have the guts to say to the players in person what you just said here.....didn't think so.

oldfoggy ..

diagnosis: you have an advanced case of MsTAitus.

symptoms: removes all hope from victim's system. victim cannot enjoy the successes of the team. instead victim starts revelling in the teams failures. victim actually gets mad if the team wins.

In short, Shady and Staleline, you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose. But, you cannot pick your friends nose!

Okay Shady, how's this?

BYU - Very sloppy, very disjointed, especially on offense. Not unusual for a opener. Actually moved the ball fairly well in the second half but TOs killed us. Defense played well enough to win overall. Thought the effort was pretty good but execution wasn't.

Auburn - Nothing needs to be said really. Great effort and nice win against a hated rival.

FSU - Great effort from the defense. Offense had a nice first half but needed to put more points on the board. Unable to keep the FSU defense off Reggie in the second half and wore our own defense down. Last drive to try to win with a FG came up one play short.

Clemson - Didn't see it, but from all reports sucked all around. Not sure if it was effort of execution.

Vandy - Also didn't see it. Good start, good finish, sloppy in between from all reports. Even with a poorly played game, great effort to send it to OT and win. Seems to be similar to the Central Fla game from '00.

You may disagree with my view of each game of course but I haven't seen a team that quits. They may play bad, but if they had quit against Vandy, we would have lost. Simple as that.

And yes, I would like for you to have a discussion with some of your classmates about it. It might be enlightening for you. Not really suggesting you challenge them, but asking some simple questions might start an interesting conversation. I've seen teams quit before, this one hasn't. Getting your butt kicked and laying down are two entirely different things. If you can't/don't see the difference I have to wonder if you've played sports before. Most who have can tell the difference.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OldFoggy:
I've pretty much stayed out of this CCG debate up to this point because I don't want to say anything publically to degrade or demoralize the players (fellow Tech students). I suppose that coaches and ADs are fair game because of their high salaries and because that is where 'the buck stops'.

Having said that... I have serious reservations/concerns that CCG actually understands how to motivate players at the college level. Having most recently come from the pros, he may understand the talent aspect but he appears to lack the ability to motivate. The pros are self motivated, i.e., you play or you don't stay. College kids are still 'works in progress'. They often lack the maturity and wisdom of an adult. They need discipline, guidance and motivation. From another message posted on this site earlier, it indicated that CCG admitted that he didn't say much to the team before the game. CCG's comment was to the effect, "They know what must be done".

Herein lies the problem. He's treating them like he would a pro player that is already self-motivated. They are simply not at that level yet. They need the constant encouragement and 'pep' talks from a coach or mentor. I have become convinced that CCG just doesn't GET this aspect of their developmental needs. He treats them like pros and not the college students that they really are.

Yes, we are short on depth this year. But that didn't stop us from beating Auburn or shutting down FSU for 3 quarters this year. The talent appears to be there. Getting that talent prepared and motivated in the correct manner (for every damn game) is the job of the coaching staff. I'm not yet convinced that this coaching staff has the 'fire and desire' to carry on the Georgia Tech tradition of excellence.

Remember, our student athletes are under the stress of having to concurrently manage academics with athletics (no easy task). They need to know that we (the alumni & fans) still care about the program and about them. They also need, and deserve, more motivational encouragement from our coaching staff than they appear to be currently getting.

CCG: If you, or your staff, read the boards or are aware of what is being posted on them... this Techie would respectfully ask that you "WAKE UP and SMELL the COFFEE". These kids are not pros yet. They need your involvement and constant encouragement. I don't believe that your assumption, "the players know what they need to do", is the correct approach or solution to the problem. Some of my fellow Techies on this board (like John Davis, aka refrigeratormover) have more fire, desire and motivation than you are currently demonstrating. You don't have to actually win every game for this Techie to continue supporting you. But, you DO HAVE to prepare and conduct yourself like you REALLY WANT to win every game. Why can't you demonstrate the same level of excellence that is constantly demanded from any Tech student or student athlete that survives an undergraduate curriculum at Tech. My comments are not meant to attack your abilities. Instead, they are designed to make you think about your motivational emphasis.

Just my humble 2 cents worth. Sorry for ranting, fellow Techies. Be it well known... I FIRMLY SUPPORT OUR STUDENT ATHLETES, COME HELL OR HIGH WATER!

Focus =&gt; NC State

Buzz Bomb

Originally posted by toe meets leather:
WAS IN T-BALL THE LAST TIME VANDY WON A SEC GAME , IF YOU THINK CHAN GAILEY IS THE COACH FOR GT YOU NEED TO COME OUT OF YOUR COMA.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ZELL MILLER PLAYED T-BALL IN 1999?

Nice hyperbole. Did we win, or not?

What's up with the yelling, anyway?

ncjacket, you cant come up with a response that proves me wrong about us not showing up every other week, so all you can say is that i dont have the guts to say that to the players? apparently you dont have logical response available

Originally posted by ShadyJacket:
ncjacket, you cant come up with a response that proves me wrong about us not showing up every other week, so all you can say is that i dont have the guts to say that to the players? apparently you dont have logical response available
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Now you want to discuss logic?

Judging by your posts, I estimate that you're about 13 or 14 years old, so I'll cut you a break and explain this real easy-like:

One can only demand that a logical response is posted, if one has posted something logical oneself.

I'll break it down more simplified:

IF and when you post something on a logical foundation and rather than a shot at the player's integrity or our coaches ability, then and only then may you demand a response based firmly on logic to counter your points.

As of now, you've said nothing worth writing an essay in response.

Can't say I agree with the assumption that Chan is treating the team like pros therefore they are not properly motivated and therein lies the problem. Little bit of a leap there, imo.

Old Fogey, when did you come over to the dark side?

I was undecided until I sat there and watched that thing in Athens last year.

Then, like all Techsters thought, well, maybe it was an aberration. Watched that thing vs. Fresno.

The trickle has become a tidal wave, and I predict the roof is caving in.

I share your frustration - but don't let this put any extra stress on the heart, you don't want to have a relapse.

And whatever became of BLACKWATCH? I really think he might have been Gailey or a Gailey relative, perhaps Baghdad Bob since his version of reality was so whacked out. Haven't heard a peep since Clemson.

FW, I didn't not come over to the dark side! It was forced on me by what I've seen! I have the mini package and have see every game Tech has played this year. I have never (since BL) seen such a disjointed team with the exclusion of Aubum in my life of watching Tech. I've seen Tech since 46/47 don't remember which year and this is the sloppiest coaching and play of any Tech team ever. Even the route by Bama in 49 (or was it 50) was not this sloppy. I just want whats best for Tech and the SA's and I will support any coach who brings pride to Tech. CCG is just not getting it done. If people will take off thier blinders they will see as I have seen.

After the Blow out it is time for the coach to go. Jeese...after loosing by 39 points!!!! Our coach must suck. So what that we convincingly beat a ranked opponent. You lose - you go. I've never been a big Bellotti fan anyway. We were ranked 10th? you say. I say can the quy's butt anyway.

What?

OH....this is the Georgia Tech board.
So sorry. And we thought we were in for a tough stretch...I see you have the 3rd hardest schedule in the land AND your starting a TRUE freshman QB, and you lost 1/8 of the team to academics and you almost won more games than you LOST!!!
Can we have permission to talk to your coach?
confused.gif

Back