Zenon out with ACL for the Orange Bowl

BleedingGold

Varsity Lurker
Hate that for him. Probably will never play football again. öööö good Jacket though.

wreckem1990

Flats Noob
My thoughts as well..... That shot he took in the ACCCG looked pretty bad

For a team that did a great job at avoiding the injury bug most of the year things have snowballed here lately.

WreckRod

Dodd-Like
That freaking blows. Partly because our A back depth is getting pretty thin (Bostic will have to play a lot vs. MS). And as Bleeding says, that's probably it for him. I hate it. But he was on the team that beat Georgia though!

wreckem1990

Flats Noob
I realize bowl games are... well bowl games but I really think this game is huge for GT given the lack of respect we and the ACC are shown. A good ranking going into 2015 could prove to be huge. CPJ needs to pull out all the stops and find a way to get the W in south beach.

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
hate it for him but if there is one place we can survive it is Aback, never have I seen such depth

WhiteandGold2727

Varsity Lurker
Perkins and Hill can carry the load. Good also to get Andrews some more playing time since he'll probably be starting next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johncu

Dodd-Like
I realize bowl games are... well bowl games but I really think this game is huge for GT given the lack of respect we and the ACC are shown. A good ranking going into 2015 could prove to be huge. CPJ needs to pull out all the stops and find a way to get the W in south beach.
Agreed. The ACC was HORRIBLE in BCS bowl games for years, only just turning things around the last year or two with Clemson beating Ohio State and FSU winning the title. Hopefully FSU wins it again and we punish Miss St. That should really put a dent in our negative perception.

Jorge

Varsity Lurker
Too bad for Zenon, great guy, great career at Tech.

Bostic's blocking worries me...

dressedcheeseside

Dodd-Like
Too bad for Zenon, great guy, great career at Tech.

Bostic's blocking worries me...
Bostic has been a good blocker most of the season, it's one of the things he really improved on over last year. He had a few spotlight wiffs in the ACCCG that now color the overall perception.

KC_Jackets

Varsity Lurker
Tough way to go out for Zenon in what has been a bounce back senior season. Glad he was able to have a great game in front of so many friends and family members at the Tulane game earlier in the year.

TechSBP

Dodd-Like
Bostic has been a good blocker most of the season, it's one of the things he really improved on over last year. He had a few spotlight wiffs in the ACCCG that now color the overall perception.
Agreed. Over the course of the Pitt, UVA, NC St, and Clemson games I thought he had a lot of really good blocking performances.

It isn't shocking that we missed a few blocks against Clemson and FSU that we didn't against other teams, given that their defenses are very talented.

I think both have a better defense than Mississippi State.

white&gold

Damn Good Rat
I can't remember a season where we've had this many skill players have season-ending injuries.

3 starters have had season-ending injuries (I think Snoddy started a couple games). At least Zenon is only missing the last game of the year.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
This. He has had a few whiffs of late, and at key moments when it hurts the most, so it makes it look worse. It's not so much of a whiff as it looks like he's just going down to cut a hair too early and the defender has just enough time to react enough that the block doesn't completely take him out.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
I keep waiting for Bostic to take this position by the horns. Time to step up.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Thought that might be the case based on watching them work on him on the sideline during the FSU game. Hate it for him - tough way to end your career at GT.

Did we ever hear what happened to him early at U[sic]GA that knocked him out for the rest of that game? Wonder if maybe he tweaked the knee then and hurt it worse at FSU, but that's just blind speculation - I didn't see what happened at U[sic]GA.

JRjr

GoGATech

Big Dummy
I keep waiting for Bostic to take this position by the horns. Time to step up.
This. It seems like he's sooooo close and one breakout game could turn the corner for him. No time like now. He's from my hometown so I've been rooting a little extra for him to succeed. We were at the Miami game when he got his lone career TD (so far...). Went to the ACCCG and he was very close to #2. Just seems he can't ever get the ball in space as much as some of the others.