Zenon to return KOs; Roddy checking team's pulse...

ciegetanks

Damn Good Rat
OMG, please, yes. Does anyone have a longer drought? I desperately want to hear Wes' call of the breaking of the drought. :turbonoes: I'm just beginning to worry that Wes will retire and/or I will die before it happens.
A distinct possibility.

Legal Jacket

Dodd-Like
I like Ken, but he's not necessarily (or close to) the best journalist/writer, imo.

I agree it's nice to have the enthusiasm, but his typical article consists of a Q and A transcript on relatively generic questions, as well as a not so-insightful insight into his take on the answers. I like the information he's able to gather, but I'd rather have him in the field gathering it and someone else turning it into a story.

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
Let's hope so.
Also, I am officially calling Tony Zenon "Zenon the Phenom". Seems to work.
Are we settled on that pronunciation now?

I figured it would be something more like Zenon the Venom. :wink:

ciegetanks

Damn Good Rat
Apparently his last name is pronounced Zee-Non not Zen-in. Or so CPJ says.

Venom is nice touch though.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Since CPJ has been at Tech it seems like we have used kick returners who are much bigger than what is typical, and not particularly as quick.

2011 - Smith, Perkins, Hill
2010 - Smith, ???
2009 - Smith (I remember he got caught from behind at Duke or he would have scored). ???
2008 - ???, I know we used Dwyer some

I never understood why we haven't been using the faster, quicker guys who are more likely to take it to the house. Zenon seems to fit that bill perfectly, so I hope he gets the chance.

ND_jacket

Helluva Engineer
2009 - Smith (I remember he got caught from behind at Duke or he would have scored). ???
I was using my DVR to sync the TV with a stream of Wes (Pam Ward was doing the TV call) and remember how excited he got and then the disappointment when he got tackled and the drought continued.

johncu

Dodd-Like
I was using my DVR to sync the TV with a stream of Wes (Pam Ward was doing the TV call) and remember how excited he got and then the disappointment when he got tackled and the drought continued.
I was actually at that game, and I got pretty excited too. After the play, I thought he had scored, so I was calling my friend and yelling and he told me Orwin was out at the 1 (or was it the 2?)

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
I was actually at that game, and I got pretty excited too. After the play, I thought he had scored, so I was calling my friend and yelling and he told me Orwin was out at the 1 (or was it the 2?)
He wasn't out. It was a bad call. Besides, it was against Duke and shouldn't count anyway.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
It seems like every kickoff goes to Orwin or Stephen Hill. Essentially the guy opposite of Perkins. Its just hard to judge since he hasn't had many opportunities.
Perkins isn't supposed to return the kick, he's supposed to block.