Zenon?

Saw a lot of Peeples and no Zenon Sat. Is Tony hurt or did he just get beat out?
I am not sure many people noticed...but in most of the big play situations where we had goal line offense...or short yardage situations where we had to have a first down.....the two AB's were Peeples and Jones. Why?...because they are by far the two best blockers. Even Roddy's big runs against Kansas his partner AB whiffed on his blocks and it was all Roddy. Good news is that they will all get better at it...blocking is a mentality.

Game was too important to go 4 deep when we have a really awesome top 3. Also, I seriously doubt Zenon is capable of blocking some of those UNC linebackers at his current stage of development.

Game was too important to go 4 deep when we have a really awesome top 3. Also, I seriously doubt Zenon is capable of blocking some of those UNC linebackers at his current stage of development.

exactly...and that is why Orwin say less time as well.

We needed 100% execution against a team of this calibre all the way down the field.

I will also add that Melton blocked his butt off.

We do not lose much on offense this year in terms of numbers....but we lose some key perimeter blocking.

I am hoping that after last year and this year that GT fans are starting to understand that the perimeter blocking by AB's and WR's is more important than the forty time of the them or the guy carrying the football behind them. CPJ can get you open.

We needed 100% execution against a team of this calibre all the way down the field.

We do not lose much on offense this year in terms of numbers....but we lose some key perimeter blocking.

I am hoping that after last year and this year that GT fans are starting to understand that the perimeter blocking by AB's and WR's is more important than the forty time of the them or the guy carrying the football behind them. CPJ can get you open.

+ 1 :frown:

I do think that it's a problem that Orwin hasn't been a better blocker going into his 3rd year. Orwin seems to get his block about 1/2 to 2/3 of the time. With Wright, Roddy, and Embry all graduating, we really need somebody to step-up and embrace it.

I still won't be surprised if Dennis Andrews comes in as a true freshman and plays the role Vad is playing now and Synjyn moves over to A-Back. He's really incredible with the ball in his hands.

I still won't be surprised if Dennis Andrews comes in as a true freshman and plays the role Vad is playing now and Synjyn moves over to A-Back. He's really incredible with the ball in his hands.

Synjyn on the perimeter? That just sounds nasty! :biggthumpup:

I agree, Hiveredtech, Melton has been blocking good for severaL years, now. I waited for him to come out of the Edge and told him that his blocking is not going unnoticed. He said that he is trying his dead level best.

I've been impressed with David Sims' blocking. That has opened up the playbook with some different option plays and it has had a major impact on the offense. It worked well against UNC. And, the 2 wide-open play action passes to Hill were off of that same play.

1) Zenon is a freshmen and is a real life manifestation of Lightning in a bottle. He'll get his carries and make his yards and blocks in the years to come.
2) We should throw to Melton all the time. They always leave him uncovered b/c defenses are more afraid of Hill.

I've been impressed with David Sims' blocking. That has opened up the playbook with some different option plays and it has had a major impact on the offense. It worked well against UNC. And, the 2 wide-open play action passes to Hill were off of that same play.
This.

Absolutely! David sims is the best blocking b-back cpj has had at gt IMO. Did whiff big time on the roddy screen, but other than that looked amazing.

I really think NC State could be Sims "Breakout" game this year. You can see he's been begging for enough carries and/or chances to break 100 yds.

I agree, Hiveredtech, Melton has been blocking good for severaL years, now. I waited for him to come out of the Edge and told him that his blocking is not going unnoticed. He said that he is trying his dead level best.

Mustard- Props to you my man! You gotta think these kids gat a rise from those kind of actions- keep it up! AWESOME

He (Melton) had the block of the year on UNC NFL bound ILB. That was a STICK! You know CPJ saw it in the film

oversight per CPJ

I think it's also a freshman thing. CPJ has said that if a player really wants to get in a game, they should just hang out around him and hope they're the one he grabs to send in the next play. I bet this was the sort of thing where CPJ didn't think to call on him and Zenon didn't realize he could just walk up and get in.

I think it's also a freshman thing. CPJ has said that if a player really wants to get in a game, they should just hang out around him and hope they're the one he grabs to send in the next play. I bet this was the sort of thing where CPJ didn't think to call on him and Zenon didn't realize he could just walk up and get in.

Seems like that could get a little awkward... Every AB crowding CPJ, trying to get in the game.

Back