öööö the SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
1BDD8423-F265-47B1-9370-74C0184E23BA.jpeg

Weird game management to end the game. They could have tried to make it easier on the kicker there on the final drive.

He should have been our replacement for CPJ if it weren't that TStan was so adamant about leaving the 3O. Monken is more than just 3O. Their game winning drive had the QB in shotgun and they looked pretty good too. I hope Tech considers him when the job comes open soon. Could have won the ACC this year with a coach like Monken instead it was the #win21 joke.

The triple option or whatever it’s latest form is will not come back to GT. It’s time to move on. I admire CPJ for what he did here but watching Army come back to win against a 6 win Mizzou team is not the future of GT football no matter how bad this season was.

The triple option or whatever it’s latest form is will not come back to GT. It’s time to move on. I admire CPJ for what he did here but watching Army come back to win against a 6 win Mizzou team is not the future of GT football no matter how bad this season was.
While I agree that an 9-4 record would suck, I hope that our new OC can bring us consistent 10 win seasons in the near future/

While I agree that an 9-4 record would suck, I hope that our new OC can bring us consistent 10 win seasons in the near future/
10 wins over how many seasons, 3 or 4? I’d think every 3 years, we’d be able to get to double digit wins.

So random internet guy says it so makes it so? Nope. As much as I loved GOL and that success, reality is the greatest success GT has had since 1990 was with CPJ. Not saying 3 pass plays a game is what we need to go back to,, but there are a lot of option-based elements that can be effective when executed with precision. The fact that Army had an effective 2 minute offense tells me they are more than just 3O and I think Monken uniquely could succeed based on his knowledge of what works here as well as being a bright offensive mind.

So random internet guy says it so makes it so? Nope. As much as I loved GOL and that success, reality is the greatest success GT has had since 1990 was with CPJ. Not saying 3 pass plays a game is what we need to go back to,, but there are a lot of option-based elements that can be effective when executed with precision. The fact that Army had an effective 2 minute offense tells me they are more than just 3O and I think Monken uniquely could succeed based on his knowledge of what works here as well as being a bright offensive mind.

Once random internet guy’s word vs another… I guess we will never know

We have better players than army. If we're going to play the transitive win to downplay the consistent success monken has had against schedules tougher than the acc this year, we're going to get nowhere fast.

There’s no guarantee Monken would bring the 3O with him if he got a P5 gig
He’s let it be known he probably wouldn’t

You’re right, we have to win more than 3 to play in bowl games. I don’t see that in our future either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back