'00 Clemson Game vs. '02 Georgia Game

The Jacket

The Coat
\'00 Clemson Game vs. \'02 Georgia Game

Granted Clemson was undefeated and had a higher ranking, but this is Georgia. SO, would a victory over Georgia bee bigger? It would for me, but I'll get some other opinions beefore I post mine.
drinking.gif

Re: \'00 Clemson Game vs. \'02 Georgia Game

To me personally a victory against the puppies this year would mean much more than that win against Clem. Not to take anything away from that game which was huge for the program.

To get us the 8th win of the season against them in Athens would be sweeter than sweet.

GO JACKETS!

I wouldn't mind if we pulled an Iowa myself..
drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

It would be bigger to beat UGA now than when we beat Clemson in 2000. They've already clinched their spot in the SECC game and are looking at MNC possibilities. If we beat them, it won't completely wreck their season, but it'll be as close to wrecked as it can possibly be.

I think it does wreck their season. They can claim it won't but for them and the SEC to have to live with an ACC middle of the pack underdog beating the SEC champ on their own turf would really make for a long off season.

Originally posted by Wrecked:
I think it does wreck their season. They can claim it won't but for them and the SEC to have to live with an ACC middle of the pack underdog beating the SEC champ on their own turf would really make for a long off season.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">wrecked,
You are exactly correct. For TECH to beat them will be like a hobnail boot right to the teeth.
I just hope against hope that Chan allows our offense and our offensive coaches to do their job without stifling them like he has previously admitted to doing. (and has been obvious all season).
PLAY TO WIN

The '00 Clemson game was more comparable to the '02 NC State game IMO. Both teams were riding high rankings after 8 or 9 games against relatively weaker opponents.

UGA is 10-1 while playing a schedule with a little more substance. GT can still ruin their pipe dreams of a MNC but we can't hurt their hopes of a potential SEC Championship - when was their last one, by the way?

Wouldn't you love it if we beat them AND:

* Wash St loses to Wash
* OSU loses to Mich
* Okl loses to Tx Tech or Colorado
* They win the SECC

Talk about glory all off season!

A man can dream can't he?

Originally posted by kirbee:

* Wash St loses to Wash
* OSU loses to Mich
* They win the SECC

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">kirbee,
Agree completely. Wouldn't it be nice for TECH to be the unofficial SEC champs???? You think we could have some fun with that or what?!?!
tongue.gif

Again someone makes a post and it is turned into something to do with Coach Gailey with underlying bash on him.

It would (Ramblin') Wreck their season. Imagine how bad we can make it for them when we beat them then they have to come to OUR home town and try to win an SEC Championship.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kirbee:

* Wash St loses to Wash
* OSU loses to Mich
* They win the SECC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And also, if all that happened, they would wallow in self pity for blowing their shot at the National Championship. Oooh How sweet it would bee!
drinking.gif

Back