#1 for ‘23 - Javin Simpkins - RB (FL)

gtrower

Dodd-Like

Free Rivals article:

Miami (Fla.) Norland running back
Javin Simpkins was still in the infant stages of his recruitment.

With offers in hand from Georgia Tech and Marshall in hand, Simpkins knew he was on the right track. Schools such as Rutgers, Florida State, NC State, and several others had been showing interest as well
Rather than wait and accumulate offers, build up drama, and take visits, Simpkins committed to his dream school on Thursday.

I really like the program Geoff Collins and the staff are building," said Simpkins. "I have been a fan since I was little, so that also played a major role. One of my favorite memories of the team was when I was eight, and I went and re-watched the Clemson game when they knocked them off. Either that or when they beat UGA 45-42 would have to be my favorite memory as a fan."

Simpkins is being recruited as an ATH by other schools, but already has a defined spot in the 2023 class for Georgia Tech following his commitment.

"They see me as a running back," he said. " I can both if I am needed on defense, but they see me playing on offense."

Being a fan of the Yellow Jackets means Simpkins is no stranger to the offense Collins and his staff have shown the last two years, particularly at his position.

"Their running backs are beasts! Especially Jordan Mason. If I had to compare my playing style to one of them, I would have to say Jahmyr Gibbs."

For Simpkins, his recruitment by Georgia Tech was largely through his head coach with him being a 2023 recruit. A recent conversation with RB coach Tashard Choice changed that.

"We were talking about how he really likes my running style. He too said that I remind him of Gibbs, we are very similar. We also got to talk about the offense they run, and just different things about the school. He thinks I will really like it in the 404, and was excited about my decision."

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Outstanding balance and vision. He looks fast, maybe not as fast as Gibbs, but still extremely fast.

His routes are super crisp and understands the spacing of the route and defender.

It is completely obvious he knows how to setup his blockers.

His feet are super quick.

This guy is going to be a beast.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Earliest commitment that I can recall. Staff obviously sees something valuable.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Player this young all you can see are instincts, natural traits, and attitude, and fortunately all three are key for a RB. Perhaps that is why the early offer. He has all three.

See for yourself how he runs and how he receives. I just want to talk about his blocking. No, he doesn't know what he is doing, but he is going at it and not backing down from anyone. I like that a lot. I mean, a lot.

Not saying he is Bro Reggie Bush Dude but you can build a winner with guys like Javin at the team's core.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Player this young all you can see are instincts, natural traits, and attitude, and fortunately all three are key for a RB. Perhaps that is why the early offer. He has all three.

See for yourself how he runs and how he receives. I just want to talk about his blocking. No, he doesn't know what he is doing, but he is going at it and not backing down from anyone. I like that a lot. I mean, a lot.

Not saying he is Bro Reggie Bush Dude but you can build a winner with guys like Javin at the team's core.
I bet he puts up some serious highlights in his last two years.

ramblin_wreck08

Class of 2012
Easily one of the most impressive highlight tapes I’ve seen. I can see why we wanted to lock him in a couple years out. Going to be the Gibbs of his class.

Goodness, what a 1-2 in the backfield with he and Martin (‘22).We’re definitely RBI at this point. Everyone wants to play for Coach Choice, and he can spot a good one a mile (or years) away.

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
Easily one of the most impressive highlight tapes I’ve seen. I can see why we wanted to lock him in a couple years out. Going to be the Gibbs of his class.

Goodness, what a 1-2 in the backfield with he and Martin (‘22).We’re definitely RBI at this point. Everyone wants to play for Coach Choice, and he can spot a good one a mile (or years) away.
I can’t say enough good things about Choice. Hell of a player and hell of a coach.