#1 for ‘23 - Javin Simpkins - RB (FL)

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Will be the voice of reality here. Rarely do kids sign with a school when they commit this far out. Time will tell and I hope he hangs with us but we will see.
I won't knock you too hard for your Debbie downing because I am sure you weren't the only one thinking it. I will say Collins' track record of holding on to prized recruits is really good. The only real flip (as opposed to a "mutual" decision) I can think of off the top of my head is Trent Howard who got a last minute Clemson offer and that was his dream offer. I think we have a good shot. Regardless, it is a good sign that we are getting commitments this far out. Shows kids are taking notice and buying what we are selling.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Will be the voice of reality here. Rarely do kids sign with a school when they commit this far out. Time will tell and I hope he hangs with us but we will see.
that’s not true with CGC. He’s the man when it comes to recruiting. He will sign with 404!

Techbert

Dodd-Like
He only committed this early because GT was his dream school. He wanted this outcome from the start. Hard to flip someone away from their dream school.
The longer you are a GT fan, the more examples you collect of recruits in the bag (not that way) going to other schools.

So I understand the Deborah Downers, but there's a new sheriff in town. See above meme.

ee8384

Affable Curmudgeon
Need a "look at me America, I'm planting an orange tree" GIF. Takes a couple of years before you get the juice.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
Okay, you have some stats to back that up? Or does it just feel good to say.

athensjacket

Varsity Lurker
Okay, you have some stats to back that up? Or does it just feel good to say.
"Rarely" may be going a bit far, but we've all seen how often these early commitments go by the boards. As time goes on, he'll be getting some great offers if he's as good down the road as he seems now. His being a Tech fan will augment the odds that he sticks. None of us know him and for all we know he's (hopefully) rock solid and unshakeable. Hopefully, the Jackets will get some more good O-linemen in here and start winning big when time rolls around for him to sign.

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
It will be interesting to see what happens.The fact he was ALREADY a Tech fan is vital though.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I don't want to be overly critical but we need an upgrade in the graphics department.

The graphics in that tweet are not up to par.