#10 - 3* OL - Jakiah Leftwich - Westlake

I’ve got some bad news for you. We’re going to be significantly worse on 3rd and 3 with this offense. We’ll be better passing and on defense. Which will be a breathe of fresh air. But calling out 3rd and 3 specifically is kind of funny (the bread and butter of option football).
I seem to remember us being better at 3rd and short towards the end of the year. Don’t have time to look up the stats though.

I’ve got some bad news for you. We’re going to be significantly worse on 3rd and 3 with this offense. We’ll be better passing and on defense. Which will be a breathe of fresh air. But calling out 3rd and 3 specifically is kind of funny (the bread and butter of option football).
You go back to rowing a ööööing boat. You don't know öööö.

I’m looking forward to pass plays not being the QB trying to throw the ball while sprinting 100% because the whole defensive front beat the OL.
And also having a DL that puts pressure on a QB.

Take this option crap to another thread.

Championships are won and lost on the line of scrimmage, period.

Patenaude is the kind of guy that goes shotgun on 3rd and 4th with short yardage to go. I’m not sure why saying that aspect alone be worse is so controversial. But yeah, hopefully everything else will be a breath of fresh air. It’s kind of amazing and sad that the last competent successful passer was Godsey in 2000-2001.

Patenaude is the kind of guy that goes shotgun on 3rd and 4th with short yardage to go. I’m not sure why saying that aspect alone be worse is so controversial. But yeah, hopefully everything else will be a breath of fresh air. It’s kind of amazing and sad that the last competent successful passer was Godsey in 2000-2001.

It balances out. We will have more options on 3rd and 3 or 4, like finding the TE on a short route. Just gimme the talent and it will work out.

Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Georgia, Penn State , Florida, etc, etc run shotgun on 3rd and short.

Just because it didn’t work with our Swiss cheese OL doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.

This under center thing on 3rd and short is just miming our old coach. We probably gave up an obscene number of 3rd and short shotgun conversions the past 12 years.

But his name is OptionJacket tho

Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Georgia, Penn State , Florida, etc, etc run shotgun on 3rd and short.

Just because it didn’t work with our Swiss cheese OL doesn’t mean it doesn’t work.

This under center thing on 3rd and short is just miming our old coach. We probably gave up an obscene number of 3rd and short shotgun conversions the past 12 years.
Hell, I recall more than a handful of runs on 3rd or 4th and whatever by other teams that went for 30+ yards.

Nesbitt chuckled at 3 rd and 3.

GT is looking stacked.
Welcome to the flats Mr. Leftwich.
wP4PDBaUYcCtV1wb8

Last edited:
We get more OL like this it won't matter if we pass. Our QB gonna have enough time in the pocket to go through his WR checks, wave to his momma, and sign a few autographs before throwing the ball. May even want to have a bite of a sandwich. Hell, we possibly could have a 1 play TD drive that takes 15 minutes off the clock. We gonna have time. I'm gonna go to the bathroom and concession stand in the middle of the play.

What is significantly worse? Give me a number.

Back