100% Capacity at Bobby Dodd in 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, getting the vaccine is a personal choice, and at >90% efficacy with minimal side effects, and the possibility of achieving herd immunity within grasp, it's an easy one.

Perhaps we have some common ground here. If someone chooses to get the vaccine, I understand that and agree it's a personal choice. Government mandating it though? That's a frightening and slippery slope.

Lol. True to form. Silence all dissent.

What dissent? You took a very reasonable, fact-based post that would help make football more enjoyable in the fall and turned into a weird political post that had nothing to do with anything. Being anti-vax is a stupid position. Linking it to some sort of "muh freedumbs!" political agenda is, somehow, even more stupid.

If you believe in freedom of speech, you allow people to say things you don't agree with.

Some people say the are more than two genders despite it being a baseless anti-science echo chamber rhetoric that is repeated again and again despite being roundly disproven. It is better to refute them than silence them.

That's a red herring. The efficacy of a vaccine has nothing to do with gender woke-ism.

I believe in freedom of speech. As a personal preference, I vet my opinions before shouting them from the rooftops.

Perhaps we have some common ground here. If someone chooses to get the vaccine, I understand that and agree it's a personal choice. Government mandating it though? That's a frightening and slippery slope.
I think there is common ground about the choice thing. Being able to go to football with a full stadium is different from a government mandate though. Another red herring.

Youre probably not interested in data and want to keep this political, but if not, here's the CDC stance on covid vaccinations:

Studies show that COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine will also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.
COVID-19 vaccination is an important tool to help us get back to normal. Learn more about the benefits of getting vaccinated.

CDC is trash. Following their guidelines is full retart.

That's a red herring. The efficacy of a vaccine has nothing to do with gender woke-ism.

I believe in freedom of speech. As a personal preference, I vet my opinions before shouting them from the rooftops.
A red herring is an attempt to distract from the point you're making. I'm not doing that. I'm giving you another example of the application of free speech where someone could use your argument of "baseless anti-acience" to silence dissent. I'm not suggesting we debate that issue instead.

Mods are going to be nuking this thread soon, so......

5000.jpg

I think there is common ground about the choice thing. Being able to go to football with a full stadium is different from a government mandate though. Another red herring.
Glad we can agree on it being a choice. Many would like to mandate vaccines for gatherings such as these.

Youre probably not interested in data and want to keep this political, but if not, here's the CDC stance on covid vaccinations:

Studies show that COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine will also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.
COVID-19 vaccination is an important tool to help us get back to normal. Learn more about the benefits of getting vaccinated.

LOL that you would post CDC stuff right after the CDC gets busted for being a puppet of the Teachers Union. CDC is now a political organization that dabbles in science, or a science organization that dabbles in politics depending on your stance.

Critics slam CDC after teachers union influences guidelines: 'Based in politics and not science' (msn.com)

I know pro-vaccine folks think they are "following science" but what they're really doing is following scientist. I am currently waiting on my second shot because I chose to get vaccinated; but in honesty you have to see both arguments for and against the vaccine are politically charged. The vaccine is so politically charged in fact that I am dubious of "data" and "evidence" posted from either side.

So which "side" is saying not to get the vaccination? I thought at this point we were arguing who brought the vaccination to the table faster. Lol at pro-vaccine folks and you being one of them.

Lol at pro-vaccinators. I guess
So who's giuldlines are you going by?
So which "side" is saying not to get the vaccination? I thought at this point we were arguing who brought the vaccination to the table faster. Lol at pro-vaccine folks and you being one of them.

I'm getting vaccinated; but I'm not a pro-vaccine zealot like a lot of the 'everyone should get vaccinated' crowd that seems the most vocal. If you are over 50 and/or have a medical condition; probably makes sense to get vaccinated. If you are under 30 and in good health then why bother? I decided to get the vaccine because I think the zealots will win out and people who refuse to get vaccinated will face constraints like on travel and attending events. Most of us have a 99% chance of surviving COVID without a vaccination. Even people who have survived COVID are being told to get vaccinated because apparently the antibodies you developed aren't as effective as our vaccine (that sounds like some pretty convenient science to me). I think this is politically loaded; but I survived the "aids isn't just a gay disease" politics too; so I am not as trusting of medical emergencies as some of you. So yeah, I'll get vaccinated so the president will let me play outside on July 4th (if I do exactly what I'm told I get to celebrate my 'freedom', hooray).

I'm getting vaccinated; but I'm not a pro-vaccine zealot like a lot of the 'everyone should get vaccinated' crowd that seems the most vocal. If you are over 50 and/or have a medical condition; probably makes sense to get vaccinated. If you are under 30 and in good health then why bother? I decided to get the vaccine because I think the zealots will win out and people who refuse to get vaccinated will face constraints like on travel and attending events. Most of us have a 99% chance of surviving COVID without a vaccination. Even people who have survived COVID are being told to get vaccinated because apparently the antibodies you developed aren't as effective as our vaccine (that sounds like some pretty convenient science to me). I think this is politically loaded; but I survived the "aids isn't just a gay disease" politics too; so I am not as trusting of medical emergencies as some of you. So yeah, I'll get vaccinated so the president will let me play outside on July 4th (if I do exactly what I'm told I get to celebrate my 'freedom', hooray).
So how is the science convenient? What on earth do you mean by that? Yes it's recommended to get the vaccination if you'd had covid. Are you arguing that?
No one made you get the vaccination but it's hilarious how you like to play the point of not getting one. Hypocrisy at it's finest. What would you not be able to do on 4th of July if you choose not to get the vaccination. I can go out on a limb and say you are not a funny guy but these posts are hilarious.

This is Awesome, let's get back to our best alumni and fans in the stands and watch our guys Kick Ass this year, Go Jackets!!!!

So how is the science convenient? What on earth do you mean by that? Yes it's recommended to get the vaccination if you'd had covid. Are you arguing that?
No one made you get the vaccination but it's hilarious how you like to play the point of not getting one. Hypocrisy at it's finest. What would you not be able to do on 4th of July if you choose not to get the vaccination. I can go out on a limb and say you are not a funny guy but these posts are hilarious.

Well, I am asking you to think for yourself; but I know that is asking a lot. So someone survived COVID and has antibodies for it now; so get the vaccine because why exactly? Their antibodies might be too tired next time? They will be less likely to survive it the second time? Or maybe they just want everyone to get in the habit of doing what they say.

There is no hypocrisy in saying everyone can make their own choice. Why should you care if the person sitting next to you in a stadium has had a vaccine? If you are that terrified of catching a virus that over 99% of people survive then stay home and wear double masks like Dr. Fauci says. Maybe wear 3 masks just to be safe. I'm getting the vaccine due to both the political pressure everyone gets and political pressure from my employer. Make your own decision if you are capable of it, or just do what they tell you to do.

As for the 4th of July, did you like go into a coma recently or something?
Biden warns Fourth of July celebrations might be canceled if people don't get the COVID vaccine (msn.com)
President Joe Biden warned people might have to cancel “small” outdoor gatherings on the Fourth of July if people don’t continue getting the vaccine.

Well, I am asking you to think for yourself; but I know that is asking a lot. So someone survived COVID and has antibodies for it now; so get the vaccine because why exactly? Their antibodies might be too tired next time? They will be less likely to survive it the second time? Or maybe they just want everyone to get in the habit of doing what they say.

There is no hypocrisy in saying everyone can make their own choice. Why should you care if the person sitting next to you in a stadium has had a vaccine? If you are that terrified of catching a virus that over 99% of people survive then stay home and wear double masks like Dr. Fauci says. Maybe wear 3 masks just to be safe. I'm getting the vaccine due to both the political pressure everyone gets and political pressure from my employer. Make your own decision if you are capable of it, or just do what they tell you to do.

As for the 4th of July, did you like go into a coma recently or something?
Biden warns Fourth of July celebrations might be canceled if people don't get the COVID vaccine (msn.com)
Oh so persuaded by your employer? Kinda hurts when it hits you in the pockets. I'm glad for you that you made the right decision. And yes if you were sitting next to me I'd be glad that you're vaccinated. Who wouldn't be?

The last few posts or my repost?
Not you. I renewed in March. So my willingness to come no matter what was taken advantage of - I didn't have the comfort of knowing we'd be at full capacity with no restrictions - my renewal was essentially a donation since I live over 600 miles away and am lucky if I can make one game a year. So after all of us hardcore types renew, then the ass-kissing and grovelling starts to get the "on the fence" fans to renew. Whatever.

"Studies"....... I see what you did there, and vewy interwesting indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back