#12 - DB - Clayton Powell-Lee - Westlake HS

Awesome. I went to that game w/o a ticket. Got one off the street and was in the SW corner up pretty high so I had a good view of it as the fog was rolling in. Gary Lee was the real deal.
yep! wife and i were in the south stands (horseshoe). that was the last game before they tore them down. Hence the tag line.

he'll put on weight thru S&C, find a DB position or do special teams,maybe as a return man
maybe even in the fog

If we’re gonna take a flyer, I like that it’s a son of a legacy, 404 kid, and a program we want a pipeline into. Hopefully he will have the impact his old man did

If we’re gonna take a flyer, I like that it’s a son of a legacy, 404 kid, and a program we want a pipeline into. Hopefully he will have the impact his old man did
This kid is not a flyer, imo. He hasn't really been rated by Rivals, if that's what you're looking at. 5.5 is a placeholder for a power 5 recruit. This kid is almost 6'-2" with long arms and has been overshadowed in that Westlake secondary by 3 really good players: 2021 signees Nate Wiggins (4* signed with Clemson) and Demarko Williams (3* signed with Ole Miss) and then someone he plays along side of, class of '23 recruit Avieon Terrell who is a 4* already committed to Clemson.

giphy.gif

This kid is not a flyer, imo. He hasn't really been rated by Rivals, if that's what you're looking at. 5.5 is a placeholder for a power 5 recruit. This kid is almost 6'-2" with long arms and has been overshadowed in that Westlake secondary by 3 really good players: 2021 signees Nate Wiggins (4* signed with Clemson) and Demarko Williams (3* signed with Ole Miss) and then someone he plays along side of, class of '23 recruit Avieon Terrell who is a 4* already committed to Clemson.

It’s crazy to think one high school has that much talent at a single position at one time

Sounds like the sales pitch of a CPJ recruit. If a guy hasn’t been rated and has few offers, it’s because he isn’t on a lot of radars.

Also if you play on a team with a bunch of other recruits, you are likely getting plenty of visibility at games, camps, 7on7s, etc. The overshadowed argument doesn’t really hold up. It’s a much better position than being the only talented kid at a GISA school or in some podunk town.

Sounds like the sales pitch of a CPJ recruit. If a guy hasn’t been rated and has few offers, it’s because he isn’t on a lot of radars.

Also if you play on a team with a bunch of other recruits, you are likely getting plenty of visibility at games, camps, 7on7s, etc. The overshadowed argument doesn’t really hold up. It’s a much better position than being the only talented kid at a GISA school or in some podunk town.
Or maybe he didn't get many snaps because he was playing behind two studs.

Ok, you win, they should have offered you the scholly

Back