12 Team CFP the favorite

The Jacket

The Coat
The four-member working group will present the finding to a group made up of SEC commissioner Greg Sankey, Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick and Mountain West commissioner Craig Thompson.
lmao

RamblinWreck09

Greatly appreciated amongst mid 30s Turkish males
I would agree unless all conference champions are represented then I’d allow at larges to fill out the field as necessary.
I'm on board the 16 team playoff train. Every conference champ plus at larges to fill out the field.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
What the other (non SEC) leagues have to do, in any agreement that involves at large teams, is to mandate that the money be distributed evenly to all teams in D1, not with big payouts to the SEC for putting multiple teams in the field.

ClydeBrick

All Being Master of Time Space & Dimension
Fantastic.

Make conference championship games meaningless.

Break all ties between major bowls and conferences.

They should just cut to the chase; name 20 or so blue blood programs that get will get an automatic bid if they are in the top 20, do away with conference championships, fill in any open spots in that Top 12 with the highest rated P5 teams and tell all the Group of Whatever teams to öööö off.

It's what the fans E$PN executives want.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
How many times has a non-champion team make the BCS or the CFP?
championship or bowl? We went to the Orange Bowl in 2014 as conference runner up where we played a team that didn't even make it to their championship game

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
championship or bowl? We went to the Orange Bowl in 2014 as conference runner up where we played a team that didn't even make it to their championship game
The playoff. Or the BCS Championship Game. Didn't LSU and Bama play each other for the BCS title one year?

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
The playoff. Or the BCS Championship Game. Didn't LSU and Bama play each other for the BCS title one year?
The game of the century, how could I forget -- yeah I think Bama was a runner up that year and snuck their way in

GCdaJuiceMan

Flats Noob
6 max, IMO.
I've liked this format since they started discussing a playoff. Since the 4 team playoff began it has seemed like there was always 2 teams that stood above the rest while it was a mess figuring out the other 2 teams. Give the 2 best teams the bye they more than likely have earned and then fill in with conference champs from there.

The Jacket

The Coat
All this means is Clemson and Alabama will have to play a few more games before they meet in the championship.
Clemson isn't going to last and Alabama has until Saban dies or descends through the earth. One or both of these things are probable within the next two years.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Eh, pick the 8 best conferences. Take the champions of each. You get zero playoff dollars if you opt into the playoff, but don’t win a game.