12 Team CFP the favorite

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
I say a P5 champs and a 4 game play in tourney including ND.

Nobody wants to see Bama v Coastal Carolina in the playoffs

clapper

Dodd-Like
The game of the century, how could I forget -- yeah I think Bama was a runner up that year and snuck their way in
You must be mis-remembering. For those of us that were there, it was a slog. Damn near the whole game was played between the 25's. 7 punts, 5 FGs (and two misses!) - with freaking TV timeouts after every one and the ensuing kickoffs. LSU had less than 80 total yards and still managed to keep the TOP close.

iPhone Photos 007.JPG

johncu

Dodd-Like

I disagree. If they go undefeated in an FBS conference, they should be in the FBS playoff. If they don't belong in the playoff, then they don't belong in FBS.

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
You must be mis-remembering. For those of us that were there, it was a slog. Damn near the whole game was played between the 25's. 7 punts, 5 FGs (and two misses!) - with freaking TV timeouts after every one and the ensuing kickoffs. LSU had less than 80 total yards and still managed to keep the TOP close.

iPhone Photos 007.JPG
It was probably one of the worst events I've ever watched, I agree -- it was hyped up as the game of the century though!

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
I disagree. If they go undefeated in an FBS conference, they should be in the FBS playoff. If they don't belong in the playoff, then they don't belong in FBS.

A 12 team playoff makes conference championships meaningless. Give 5 seeds to the champs and a 4 team mini playoff to get the 6 similar to what the NBA did this year. I don't feel like seeing 5 SEC teams in the playoffs every year

clapper

Dodd-Like
There are 9 D-1A conferences. Put only the conference champions in a seeded bracket with #8 & #9 playing to face #1. That makes all conference championships meaningful. Screw Notre Dame.

The Jacket

The Coat
This is the fakest fan öööö I have ever read.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds

Yeah March madness sucks.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Bleh.

I still don't think anyone who doesn't win their conference belongs in the playoff.
This. The entire purpose of conferences is to determine the best of a subset of teams in a sport that tries to distinguish 130 teams in 12 game seasons. The purpose of a playoff is to take this reduced subset of teams (that have minimal cross-conference interactions from which to differentiate themselves) and determine the best amongst them.

If you’re not the best team in your conference then you aren’t the best team in the country and you have no business in the playoff. Conferences should come up with their own way of determining their champions and if they don’t like who they send then it’s their own damn fault.

6 is the way to go. P5 champs + best non-P5. Wouldn’t mind play-in games for smaller conferences to get that last spot, but not sure how feasible it is schedule-wise. ND joins the ACC or dies a deserved death.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
There are 9 D-1A conferences. Put only the conference champions in a seeded bracket with #8 & #9 playing to face #1. That makes all conference championships meaningful. Screw Notre Dame.
There are 10 by my count. My independent provision would allow an auto BID to a top 10 finish if you’re an independent.

clapper

Dodd-Like
There are 10 by my count. My independent provision would allow an auto BID to a top 10 finish if you’re an independent.
Yup. My bad. Still use a 10-team bracket without the independents. Screw Notre Dame.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
Who cares? Theres about 3 teams with an actual chance to win it all a year anyway. This is just delaying the inevitable.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I'm not a fan of ND but if they finish a reasonably competitive schedule with a record that is reasonably similar to the conf champs then there is no damn reason to exclude them. In the plan to allow 12 teams, there is plenty of room for deserving teams that don't fit the mold.

I just can't advocate blocking ND when the tortured logic needed to do so would also block other teams from getting in that clearly deserve their shot. That is what I like about the 12 team plan - nobody that even has a prayer of making some noise gets left out. Plus, its a bunch more good games.