12th Team

GTFish

Varsity Lurker
OK, ill go ahead and start the thread for how everyone thinks should be a 12th team. I say we go overseas with this one. Im thinking either Oxford or Cambridge. Great traditions. Excellent academics. We could even introduce cricket to the US. But seriously who does everyone else think.

Maybe even Hogwarts School of Wizardry. Quittich could be the new money maker. The book keeps selling by the millions. Revenues would be upwards of 200 million a year. Sounds like a good deal to me.

How about Whatzamatta U and the School of Hard Knocks? Moose, Squirrel and Boris Badinov.

If I may be serious for a moment, I say Boston College should be the 12th team.

My vote is for BC as well...

But if we are going for a more "Regional" look I vote for Louisville!

What about PoDunk U we hear so much about them. Seriously I think we are now looking at ND!

Yeah I am hoping for Louisville as well. But ive been a huge fan of Rick Pitino since I was a little kid. Grew up with Kentucky basketball. If Duke thinks their gym is so special just wait until Louisville starts treating the Duke or UNC game like a home game with UK. Fans are twice as nuts, and more knowledgable about the game. Plus Pitino will start stealing recruits from the north carolina schools which should please all of us. How tired are you of seeing Countdown to Signing Day with UNC and Duke permanent top 5 classes.

Sorry, but Louisville is definitely not an Atlantic Coast school. Its State is in the midwest.

To be facetious, if we are adding Miami, why not Stanford. Everyone will have to fly anyway.

rolleyes.gif

I wouldnt say KY is in the Midwest. Louisville is in the middle of the state and probably closer than miami, bc, su.

How about a up and coming program that geographically makes sense?

Central Florida

GTFish, Louisville is closer to the Atlantic Coast than Boston College, Syracuse, and Miami?

confused.gif

If BC doesn't get the nod after putting it all on the table for this conference.....(think about my thoughts, can't post here)!!

We're the Atlantic Coast - ND, Louisville, KY are not Atlantic Coast!! They didn't campaign to join.

But, I have serious reservations now that BC would make that move unless they have been promised something. I have put a call in to a dear friend of mine who is the President of BC's Varsity Club, in the BC Hall of Fame and an attorney.

He's very close to the program and the school. I want to see what he says. I know I'm lobbying for BC but now it's - we were wronged and I want to see BC's stance going forward!

PITT. Ranked #8 in final basketball poll and #18 in football. Of the ACC schools, only Maryland did better.

ahsoisee, I didnt mean the actual coast. I really just meant closer to the other schools than miami, bc, or su. I dont have a map, I was just guessing. My bad. In addition, do you think they will change the conference name if we dont get all actual atlantic coast schools. Maybe the Bigger East.

MsTA, please keep us advised on the information from your resources from Boston College. I am interested in the information.

smile.gif

Any conference that has a chance to get ND football and doesn't take it needs to lose its license. Love 'em or hate 'em, they are the national football team and they are an outstanding educational institution. Besides, as long as I've been a fan, it seems we have only played them when we were weak and they were good. I'd like a yearly shot at evening that record.

Penn State would be my second choice.

After that, no real preferences.

Separate Question:
Why did the ACC presidents decide against BC as a12th right now?

1. Central Florida - stars are made not born, here's a diamond in the rough, just need some polishing

2. Penn State - at least they have worse looking uniforms than GT and JoePa with his Coke bottle bottom glasses - match 'em up with glam UM for contrast.

im a big fan of penn state football uniforms. i like the no decal helmets. plain, but nice. atleast they dont have huge alumni fights over the official colors, number triming, number fonts, etc.

Oh yeah! There was a big internal fuss over awarding little "GT" stickers on the helmets for star performances, it was decided that dingleberry trim on the insides of the helmet would indicate the stars instead.

Back