# 16: Zach Pyron - QB

Not sure if serious.gif
Obviously you haven't watched any of their Games.

Those Coaches are smart enough to know they'll never get by Ohio State with "check-down-Charlies" , and Game Mgrs playing QB for them.

Kelly at ND knows he has a pretty good Defense and those Game Mgrs he has will never help him make a serious run at the CFP, if they have a playmaker at QB they beat Cincy and still have a shot at the CFP.

We have a playmaker at QB, maybe you should start appreciating him instead of taking cheap shots at him.

I don't understand why all the criticism of our QB, he's executing pretty well given our OL issues

There are Top10 Teams right now that would love to have Jeff Sims or Geoff Simms playing QB for them right now, Penn State, Iowa, Michigan, ND just fell from the Top10, they'd swap their Guy for Sims in a heartbeat.
"If you think this, you might be a redneck"
-Jeff Foxworthy

Huh? Peery was always going to redshirt. Beatty is depth. Sims started as a true freshman. Pyron will compete early, IMO.

Your whining makes no sense and doesn't belong in a commitment thread.
I see the plan right now being Sims => Peery => Pyron.

Hell, I may be retiring about Pyron's senior year, if all goes to plan. Maybe sooner.

Just over half of the elite 11 quarterbacks have played in the NFL.
I think Sims finished in the upper half , maybe #6 the year he competed at the Elite11 Camp.

I like where the statistics are pointing on this. And I rest much more comfortably with the idea of pulling this guy away from Baylor than Carter with Memphis.

All of this. We need to get to the point that unless we have a truly generational talent come in at QB, guys starting are RS juniors or seniors.
I'm sorry to inform you that it is 2021.

In this Modern Era of CFB, your QB should be a starter no later than his 2nd year on Campus(Tr-Soph or RS-Fr), first of all very few to NONE of the Modern Day Recruits are going to hang around almost 4yrs waiting to Start (maybe at Bama, where Bagmen can create the incentive)

And second of all if you do have a QB that waits that long for his chance to start, chances are that he's not talented enough to be a difference maker and he will likely get beat out by a Young Gun that is a T-Fr or RS-Fr.

The NFL wants Players that are Drafted high to have 20 to 24 Starts in College in order to properly evaluate them, therefore no QB with upside & Talent is gonna wait around until they are RS-Juniors or T- Seniors to start, they will just go to the Portal and find PT.

3rd Round NFL Draft picks get low 7 figure signing Bonuses, no one is gonna turn that down for a "40 yr plan", they are going to chase PT & opportunities to get to the NFL.

I'm sorry to inform you that it is 2021.

In this Modern Era of CFB, your QB should be a starter no later than his 2nd year on Campus(Tr-Soph or RS-Fr), first of all very few to NONE of the Modern Day Recruits are going to hang around almost 4yrs waiting to Start (maybe at Bama, where Bagmen can create the incentive)

And second of all if you do have a QB that waits that long for his chance to start, chances are that he's not talented enough to be a difference maker and he will likely get beat out by a Young Gun that is a T-Fr or RS-Fr.

The NFL wants Players that are Drafted high to have 20 to 24 Starts in College in order to properly evaluate them, therefore no QB with upside & Talent is gonna wait around until they are RS-Juniors or T- Seniors to start, they will just go to the Portal and find PT.

3rd Round NFL Draft picks get low 7 figure signing Bonuses, no one is gonna turn that down for a "40 yr plan", they are going to chase PT & opportunities to get to the NFL.
Taylor Heinicke on line one.

Taylor Heinicke on line one.
He was an Academic Qualifier that played HS FB at Collins Hill HS (Gwinnett Co), he had great mobility plus could pass the ball, and yet he never considered GT at any point, can you tell us why he didn't want to play for a Genius HC?

But thanks for showing us all yet another NFL Caliber player that should've been easy picking for the previous Genius in Residence, that wasn't interested in HIS SYSTEM, and found a path to the NFL via another college not named Bama-UGA-Clemson

Instead he found a place that is genius enough to take advantage of the forward pass and he went to Old Dominion University, WHERE HE STARTED AS A TRUE FRESHMAN?

So if Heinicke Started in College as a True Fr. , could you please explain your reply above?

Heinicke seems to validate my claim that QBs want to Play as early as possible, he didn't wait until he was a RS- Jr or T-Sr to play in College, so explain your comment above?

Waiting to play at the Pro Level ain't the same as waiting to play at the College Level!

Heinicke became the starter for the Monarchs in 2011. That year, he led the Monarchs to a 10–3 record in the Colonial Athletic Association, but lost in the second round of FCS playoffs against Georgia Southern.[4] He passed for 2,385 yards, 25 touchdowns, and 1 interception, and he ran for 363 yards and 4 touchdowns.[5] He also punted 4 times for 170 yards.[6] Heinicke was named to the All-CAA 3rd team Offense and was the National Freshman Performer of the Year. Old Dominion finished ranked #10 in the Football Championship Subdivision.

He was an Academic Qualifier that played HS FB at Collins Hill HS (Gwinnett Co), he had great mobility plus could pass the ball, and yet he never considered GT at any point, can you tell us why he didn't want to play for a Genius HC?

But thanks for showing us all yet another NFL Caliber player that should've been easy picking for the previous Genius in Residence, that wasn't interested in HIS SYSTEM, and found a path to the NFL via another college not named Bama-UGA-Clemson

Instead he found a place that is genius enough to take advantage of the forward pass and he went to Old Dominion University, WHERE HE STARTED AS A TRUE FRESHMAN?

So if Heinicke Started in College as a True Fr. , could please explain your reply above?

Heinicke seems to validate my claim that QBs want to Play as early as possible, he didn't wait until he was a RS- Jr or T-Sr to play in College, so explain your comment above?

Waiting to play at the Pro Level ain't the same as waiting to play at the College Level!

Heinicke became the starter for the Monarchs in 2011. That year, he led the Monarchs to a 10–3 record in the Colonial Athletic Association, but lost in the second round of FCS playoffs against Georgia Southern.[4] He passed for 2,385 yards, 25 touchdowns, and 1 interception, and he ran for 363 yards and 4 touchdowns.[5] He also punted 4 times for 170 yards.[6] Heinicke was named to the All-CAA 3rd team Offense and was the National Freshman Performer of the Year. Old Dominion finished ranked #10 in the Football Championship Subdivision.
The last thing on earth I want to do is get into an argument with you. But I thought it was worth pointing out that there is more than one path to being a QB in the NFL.

And I think you torpedoed your own argument. He ended up playing for Old Dominion. So rather than asking me why he didn't come to GT, I think the burden of proof is on you to explain why an NFL-worthy QB didn't play at Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Notre Dame, etc.

The last thing on earth I want to do is get into an argument with you. But I thought it was worth pointing out that there is more than one path to being a QB in the NFL.

And I think you torpedoed your own argument. He ended up playing for Old Dominion. So rather than asking me why he didn't come to GT, I think the burden of proof is on you to explain why an NFL-worthy QB didn't play at Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Notre Dame, etc.
Those Programs have had NFL Caliber QBs in recent years that took them to the CFP, we have not, so the burden is on us to find out why we "lost him" from our own backyard to ODU.

My bad on the original interpretation, it seemed as if you were using Heinicke as an example of a Guy that waited 3-4 years to start in College and still turned out OK and made the NFL

I like where the statistics are pointing on this. And I rest much more comfortably with the idea of pulling this guy away from Baylor than Carter with Memphis.
Competition is king and good competition is competitive, and yes, this is meant to be profound. :facepalm:

Back