2-0 = top 25 ranking................

law_bee

Dodd-Like
when is the last time we could say if we won our first 2 we would move into a top 25 spot.

If we win our first 4 we could be top 15.

Food for thought

Win the first 2 and I think top 20 is more reasonable. Auburn is ranked as high as 4 in the pre season polls.

Originally posted by Y Jacket:
Win the first 2 and I think top 20 is more reasonable. Auburn is ranked as high as 4 in the pre season polls.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">YAH but the poster's never give us (GT) any respect so i would not count on it. If we bet AUB the first thing they will say is AUB is overrated and lost to a sorry team like TECH. bet on it!!!!!!!

2-0 Are you dreaming and 4-0 you must be smoking something. I hope I am totally wrong but I would be absolutely thrilled at 2-2. We do not have a QB and a coach that has not proven himself at the Division I level. We have no proven running backs or receivers. If Tony rushes for 800 yards next season it will be a medical miracle. His injury takes usually 12-18 months to recover from. I am more worry about going 0-4 or 1-3 and the team begining to question the coaching staff and start to quit like the UGA or The Silicon Valley game. The ACC did not do Coach Chan any favors in scheduling.

Originally posted by wgjacket:
2-0 Are you dreaming and 4-0 you must be smoking something. I hope I am totally wrong but I would be absolutely thrilled at 2-2. We do not have a QB and a coach that has not proven himself at the Division I level. We have no proven running backs or receivers. If Tony rushes for 800 yards next season it will be a medical miracle. His injury takes usually 12-18 months to recover from. I am more worry about going 0-4 or 1-3 and the team begining to question the coaching staff and start to quit like the UGA or The Silicon Valley game. The ACC did not do Coach Chan any favors in scheduling.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't sugarcoat it! Tell us what you really think.

Originally posted by wgjacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Now this is the kind of optimism and faith I admire.

rolleyes.gif

As Richard Pryor once said "I like you because you got potential."

That about sums up a lot of feelings about 2003 GT football, not a lot to hang your hat on, but hope is all most of us have.

Goldtoof... you cut right to it... most of us hope... and as Andy Dufraine said, "Hope is a good thing"... but its kind of frustrating for me when I had gotten used to "expecting" to win... big difference... but for some reason I have a good feeling about this season.. maybe its just hope !

LawBee, if we win our first four we will be in the top ten and Mark Bradley will be in a Psychiatric Facility with bed restraints. You certainly did wake up with a positive attitude I must say. Just keep it up and a few of us just might tag along. I like that way of thinking.
Since Chan has made some positive moves I will give him a chance before making any critical remarks.

But seriously if we should win the first four that would tell one and all that Tech is A ligitimate conference threat.

If we win or lose the home games, it's going to be a fine experience at Bobby Dodd Stadium this Fall. I rode by the place yesterday, the North Stands are imposing and awesome to see. If we could fill that place with wild Jacket fans, at home would be a tough place to take a game from us.

Originally posted by goldtoof:
If we win or lose the home games, it's going to be a fine experience at Bobby Dodd Stadium this Fall. I rode by the place yesterday, the North Stands are imposing and awesome to see. If we could fill that place with wild Jacket fans, at home would be a tough place to take a game from us.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Goldtoof,

Speaking only for myself, I wish I shared you attitude. It would certaintly make the losses more bearable. For me losing at home will not be a fine experience; it's a taste I still have not acquired.

Nor will the burden of my religion-based sense of right and wrong (thanks mom and dad) allow me to support actions on or off the field some believe are necessary to acquire a team with more potential for winning, ala UGA, Alabama, F$U.

71Bee, I look at it like this, you have to enjoy what you can of the games win or lose because all of us only have a finite number of games to experience.

Back