2002 Tech Football:

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
Guys, we're gonna have about 18 of our top 22 from last year's defense coming back, complimented by an accomplished defensive coach. We'll have most of our starting OL back. We'll have Nate Curry back and 3 other WR's (smith, watkins, glover) that have contributed significantly. We'll have some running backs who have seen playing time in the past, like Ford for instance. Jimmy Dixon should be a major contributor and Jermaine Hatch is returning from a 2001 injury. We'll have a QB, no matter who wins out, that'll be able to run more than Godsey (I could run more than Godsey). Remember, Suggs did see some playing time in 2000.
I'm really feeling good about the nucleus of talent of this team.
We're good enough, IMO, to win 10 games.
The question is, how will the new coaching staff do? Also, how will we do in the 5 following road games: UGA,Clem,MD,UNC,NCState.

That's 5 losable road games.

But based on talent and the returning nucleus, this has the makings of a special year.

I agree with everything you said, it will be a most interesting year. It has possibilities for both good and bad. Here is hoping the good comes out on top.

wink.gif

Back