2004 recruiting

GTnut

Varsity Lurker
In looking at the Insider's boards, GT has 5 names with one being offered. UGAG has 13 names, 5 offers and 2 verbal- QB from Peach County and DE from Hawkinsville. Does anyone know of other GT offers?

If there is a GT offer does that mean that person has already qualified?

I didn't know we made offers this early.

Rivals had a number of new names that I had not seen before listing Tech and two of them listed us as being among the schools that were recruiting
them the hardest. I made a post last week noting what a big difference in our recruiting this year as compared to last. A year ago we didn't have a pulse until the fall but we are very active very early this year. I read on Rivals today where Tech had offered a 6'5" 245 T/E-L/B from Penn.
In all I have read about Tech offering about 14 players already and we probably hadn't offered that many last year until late Dec or early Jan.
It is almost like you are talking about two different schools.

awbee, when we offer a kid a scholarship it indicates that the staff feels very confident that the kid will qualify or that he has already qualified.

Originally posted by Big Buck:
I was not relying strictly on the recruiting services but some papers around the country also comment on the local kids that are being recruited and by whom.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Big Buck If you ever find info on a recruit talking about Georgia Tech. We'd all like to read it as well. Linking it or showing where we could read it would be awesome.

Yeah big Buck. And it does seem that we are much more aggressive which is good.

Its hard to tell this early. Its going to take
awhile for the recruiting services to get up to
speed on 2004.

I do know that GT is already hard on a few more
DT prospects.

I was not relying strictly on the recruiting services but some papers around the country also comment on the local kids that are being recruited and by whom.

Back