2009 Prospects

MustangGT

Flats Noob
Here are some 2009 Recruits to keep your eyes on…

Aaron Murray
A highly touted QB prospect out of Tampa that I know that we will be after

Cierre Wood
A RB out of California that everyone will be after. It will be interesting to see how far we can get with him. It may be hard to get him out of Cali

Rolando Jefferson
A highly regarded WR out of Edison, HS in California. We have been on him for a while now and may have a secret weapon in recruiting him…Mr. Brandon Leslie

Cliff Harris
Yet another coveted DB out of Edison. Brandon Leslie could be working overtime this season.

Xavier Nixon
A very nice OL prospect out of NC. Xavier is athletic, processes good size, and a great frame.

Desmond Scott
Another highly touted RB prospect out of Durham, NC

Justin Anderson
A very good DE prospect out of SC. You can bet that Clemson will be on him early.

Mardrecas Hood
A highly regarded WR prospect out of Alabama. May be hard to keep him out of Tuscaloosa.

Frankie Telfort
A strong LB prospect out of Miami, FL. All of the Florida schools will be all over him. However, we have already shown that we can go down there and get players.

Here are some hot names in the State of Georgia for 2009

Jarvis Jones
Will likely be the most sought after LB prospect in GA this year.

Brandon Watts
Is a name that many are familiar with. This LB prospect from The House of Pain at Washington County, HS will be a very hot target for many teams

Kevin Minter
A very good LB prospect from Peachtree Ridge

Andre Harris
A big O-Tackle prospect out of Love Joy, HS

Braxton Lane
Speedy WR out of Sandy Creek…Have we ever gotten a WR from there???

Jamal Patterson
Strong WR prospect out of Henry County.

Daniel Drummond
The old staff has been on this FB prospect for a while now. He has been on campus several times. However, I am not sure if CPJ is still on him or not since the B-Back is more like a featured back than a traditional full back…We will see

Jonathan Davis & Drayton Calhoun
Both hail from Tucker, HS. Both are good D-1 RB Prospects

Jason Griffin
A solid WR prospect out of Jonesboro,HS

Warren Norman
A WR from Chamblee, HS that may wind up on the defensive side of the ball. Regardless, he is a quality athlete…just ask Roddy Jones and Uzzi.

Kenneth Gilstrap
A very fast CB prospect out of Miller Grove, HS in Lithonia. Could possibly be recruited as a KR and /or a SB

Dallas Lee
Another Big D-Line prospect from that Big Buford Defensive Line

Chaun Gresham
A solid LB prospect from Apalachee, HS in Winder

Corico Hawkins
A nice LB prospect from Baldwin,HS in Milledgeville

Johnnie Farms
A nice O-Guard prospect out of Perry, HS

Abry Jones
A very solid DE prospect from the Northside Eagles in Warner Robins

There will surely be a ton of in-state prospects that will get a look. We will recruit QBs and RBs nationally but every other position will be primarily recruited in-state or at least in the SE. I'll add to the list if I hear any more names.

A couple of Michigan boys...

Teric Jones
A very speedy RB Prospect from Detroit

Zach Matthias
Big and Athletic O-Tackle from Hemlock. Also plays basketball, I think. May be the Wolverines to lose.

There are 5 LB prospects we are going after hard right now...in no particular order:

Brandon Watts
Corico Hawkins
Nigel Mitchell-Thornton
Chaun Gresham
Emanuel Dieke

There are 5 LB prospects we are going after hard right now...in no particular order:

Brandon Watts:biggthumpup:
Corico Hawkins
Nigel Mitchell-Thornton
Chaun Gresham :biggthumpup:
Emanuel Dieke :biggthumpup:
We've gotten 3 from this list already. We could be done with LBs very quickly.

Mustang,
has this list expanded any since your posting?

Others we are going after hard:

QB:
Jordan Luellan (IN)
David Sims (SC)
Ricky Johnson (LA)

BB
Toney Williams (GA)
You will see more on this list soon...maybe Daniel Drummond(GA)

AB
Orwen Smith (AL)
You will see more on this list soon...maybe Warren Norman(GA)

WR
Arthur Williams (AL)
You may see Braxton Lane (GA) on the list soon

OL
Andre Harris (GA)
Will Jackson (TN)
Corey Linsley (OH)
Look for others on the list soon such as Ty Howle (NC), Blake Graham (PA), Joseph Williams (TX) and others to be on the list soon.

DT
Dallas Lee (GA)
Tyler Stockton (NJ)
Jamar Travis (AL)

DE
Andre Civil (NY)
Izaan Cross (GA) COULD COMMIT TO US SOON
William Ming (AL)
Craig Roh (AZ)
Tyler Shatley (NC)

LB
Mike Gilliard (GA) COULD KNOW VERY SOON BETWEEN US, GA, and FL. COULD ALSO BE A SAFETY
Nigel Thornton-Mitchell (GA) COULD KNOW SOON
Phil Lutzenkirchen (GA) LIKE HIM AS A DE ALSO
(Jarvis Jones, Frankie Telfort, and Corico Hawkins are just not going to make decisions in time to be a LB commit for us)

S
Prince Kent (GA)
Darren Myles (GA)
Dejuan Riley (AL)

CB
shoule know some things soon...look for athletes that can fit the WR or CB slots...maybe Kenneth Gilstrap (GA), Branden Smith (GA), and/or Hans Rice (AL)

Last edited:
We've gotten 3 from this list already. We could be done with LBs very quickly.

Of course, we have decided already to make Dieke a DE and grow him. He will definitely redshirt next year. Of course...I am sure you knew that WACO. ;)

Jordan Luellan Not sure if we are going hard after this guy. Doesn't seem to fit the CPJ profile. Right?

Jordan Luellan Not sure if we are going hard after this guy. Doesn't seem to fit the CPJ profile. Right?

Says he runs a 4.5, he's big, fast, throws well, and is highly sought after ... not sure why he wouldn't fit the "profile".

He fits the system, but he really wants an offer from our pup friends down the road. Hivered I would take Andre harris off of your list. I am with you on Cross and I feel as though Gillard is going to pick us soon as well.

I'm pretty sure Drummond would be a B-back, not an A-back.

Of course, if he weighs 230 and can still run a 4.4, then maybe could play the slot anyway.

Others we are going after hard:

AB
Toney Williams (GA)
You will see more on this list soon...maybe Daniel Drummond(GA)

BB
Orwen Smith (AL)
You will see more on this list soon...maybe Warren Norman(GA)

I think you got AB and BB confused. BB is the bigger fullback postion, AB is the slotback position

Speaking of Bee-Backs, have you seen this guy:

Jahron Brown (<-- link)

Wow, his video on Scout is Crazy good, and Scott Kennedy raves about him in his article. His stats are ridiculous as far as ypc and TD's per carry. He seems like exactly what we would crave at Bee-Back. His video got me pumped. I hope he qualifies, and I hope we go after and get him.

Last edited:
He fits the system, but he really wants an offer from our pup friends down the road.

He's not gonna get one though. They have their QB, and I'm pretty sure they're done there. Maybe we get him and he comes in with a chip on his shoulder against them.

He's not gonna get one though. They have their QB, and I'm pretty sure they're done there. Maybe we get him and he comes in with a chip on his shoulder against them.

Don't get me wrong I want the guy, but I do think they are going try and get one more. So, if someone higher rated than him does not commit then they will snatch him. I like the idea of a kid with a chip on his shoulder.

UGA will definitely take 1 more QB...and Luallen wants it BAD.
However, he has a firm offer from Tech....and he likes Tech too....so I really think it all depends on who GA decides to give that 2nd 'ship to.

Top drawer kid here...academically and otherwise.

Jonathan Davis, from Tucker, is a stud and will be one of the top RB's in the state. But he doesn't do too too much in the classroom. Doubt he could make it at GT.

He fits the system, but he really wants an offer from our pup friends down the road. Hivered I would take Andre harris off of your list. I am with you on Cross and I feel as though Gillard is going to pick us soon as well.

We are going for him...but probably less actively as it seems pretty clear he is SEC bound. He has been outspoken about that.

We will find out more about offensive prospects in the coming weeks and we throw more offers out there.

Back